Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Knoebels... officially an anti 2nd establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Does that make it OK for them to squash your rights?
    They aren't squashing your rights. It's private property. The 2A is a (hypothetical) agreement between the gov and the governed not everywhere and you. You of course know this and are being dramatic.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    They aren't squashing your rights. It's private property. The 2A is a (hypothetical) agreement between the gov and the governed not everywhere and you. You of course know this and are being dramatic.
    It is absolutely the right of the property owner or lessee to set the rules on their property. I fully support that and have defended it even to my own personal detriment.

I just feel a lot of irony here as I do not often see people here defending property owners/lessees such as the company that operates drivers license centers or pro baseball teams or restaurants specializing in wild Buffalo wings.

Either you shun all those who put up "no gun" signs or none of them.

(Delaware County)

It is absolutely the right of the property owner or lessee to set the rules on their property. I fully support that and have defended it even to my own personal detriment.
    As have I.

I just feel a lot of irony here as I do not often see people here defending property owners/lessees such as the company that operates drivers license centers...
    That would be the state, which it restricted in how it may infringe upon us by a variety of well-known documents. Not same-same.

...or pro baseball teams...
    Teams that play in stadiums paid for (at least partially) with tax dollars, making them public - or so goes the argument. Simply suggesting there's a little less irony on this one.

...or restaurants specializing in wild Buffalo wings.
    I'm not personally a wing guy. If I was, I'd just find another place. But that's me...

Either you shun all those who put up "no gun" signs or none of them.
    See above.

My 2¢

(Montgomery County)

Sounds like moral relativism to me.

(Lancaster County)

Can Irish people apply for employment there?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

I don't think they are anti 2A. Probably just worried about liability. Someone gets their eye shot out with an air gun on their property and Knoebles gets sued. Of course that's nonsense but unfortunately that's the world we live in.

(Berks County)

Sounds like moral relativism to me.
    Sgt. nailed it. The DMV is state owned and should not be allowed to deny entry. They are not a federally prohibited place.
    Stadiums if built with tax dollars are IMO public and also not federally prohibited.
    The wings place sounds like private property and their wishes should be respected. Voiced disapproval of their stance and letting them know they are losing $$$ is about the best we can do there.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Chester County)

There is a difference between covering your self and being anti-2nd. They simply have this stated on a website, I imagine for insurance reasons. They don't have a public anti 2nd campaign going, asking customers "to leave your gun at home" through commercials and Facebook ads.

I'm sure this also helps keep the AR open carry crews away. You know the ones, like the lads in Texas that got one of the food chains to openly enforce anti 2nd policies company and country wide.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RS1911 View Post
    There is a difference between covering your self and being anti-2nd. They simply have this stated on a website, I imagine for insurance reasons. They don't have a public anti 2nd campaign going, asking customers "to leave your gun at home" through commercials and Facebook ads.

I'm sure this also helps keep the AR open carry crews away. You know the ones, like the lads in Texas that got one of the food chains to openly enforce anti 2nd policies company and country wide.
    This. I have never seen them physically search anyone or attempt to cause any undue problems. I understand the OC argument and such but I think they want to reserve the right to cut down on liability and grand standing and if I owned the place I would do the same.

Knoebels is old school and it looks like someone was/is looking to stir a pot that doesn't need stirring with this entire thread. Unless you can cite an incident where they showed they were clearly anti 2A along with the proof I think the idea of not having a bunch of screaming children having .22 battles in the fairgrounds/camp grounds is a fair request.

(Indiana County)

I think not having people shoot each other over talking in a theater is a fair request.
    So I now agree with the no guns policies of movie theaters.

While we are at it, we can't be having kids shooting each other in schools, I'm now fully onboard with no guns on school property.

I think my bank should be gun free, this would stop crooks from robbing it.

So some places that put up no guns signs are anti but others are not because it just an insurance reason?
    Oh brother...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast