Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Musician refuses to disarm when asked to by the venue where he was playing

Good for him. For sticking to his guns.

Jamey Johnson House of Blues Concert Cancelled After He Refused to Disarm

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...efused-disarm/
    Country artist Jamey Johnson’s July 23 concert at House of Blues, Myrtle Beach, (HOBMB) was cancelled after he apparently refused to disarm while in the venue.
    HOBMB said they would issue refunds to ticket holders beginning at 12 pm Eastern on July 24.

On Sunday, HOBMB announced the cancellation via a Facebook post: “As always, the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. Tonight’s artist refused to adhere to our safety and security guidelines and would not enter the building. Unfortunately, tonight’s show is cancelled.”

Tony TC Coleman is a member of Johnson’s band, and he responded to the HOBMB Facebook post by relaying a first-hand account of what happened:

AS A MEMBER OF JAMEY’S BAND, HOUSE OF BLUES MANAGEMENT “LIVE NATION ” WAS WRONG FOR HOW THEY TREATED THE SITUATION. JAMEY WAS READY TO GIVE AN AMAZING PERFORMANCE AS HE HAS DONE EVERY NIGHT SINCE THE YEAR AND 3 MONTHS I’VE BEEN IN HIS BAND. I STAND WITH HIM ON THIS. HOUSE OF BLUES DID’NT NEED TO TREAT US LIKE WE WERE TERRORIST. THEY PUT A MEDAL DETECTOR BETWEEN JAMEY’S BUSSES AND THE STAGE ENTRANCE AND THE ONLY PEOPLE COMING IN AND OUT OF HIS BUSES WAS US. HIS BAND AND CREW AND WE ALL HAVE LAMINATED STAGE IDENTIFICATION. WE DID NOT COME TO HOUSE OF BLUES TO BE TREATED LIKE WE ARE GOING TO KILL THE FANS. IF SOMEONE CAME BACKSTAGE TO HARM ANYBODY YOU BETTER PRAY THERE IS A JAMEY JOHNSON TYPE INDIVIDUAL AROUND.

A representative for Johnson did not immediately return a request for comment.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Musician refuses to disarm when asked to by the venue where he was playing

AwsomeSauce!

(Butler County)

Default Re: Musician refuses to disarm when asked to by the venue where he was playing

Not this band! (sorry, couldn't resist)

(Butler County)

But in all seriousness, being a musician myself.... INDEED this would piss me off, and i hope the venue suffers financially until they lighten up!

I''ve thought of having some kind of secret compartment in my equipment where I could keep a mouse gun and several magazines. Or maybe a snubby.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    But in all seriousness, being a musician myself.... INDEED this would piss me off, and i hope the venue suffers financially until they lighten up!

I''ve thought of having some kind of secret compartment in my equipment where I could keep a mouse gun and several magazines. Or maybe a snubby.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Butler County)

That's-a what I'm-a talkin about! (except I play keyboards)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    That's-a what I'm-a talkin about! (except I play keyboards)
    The chick playing keyboard with the Moody Blues also plays guitar.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Cumberland County)

Why do I expect that record sales for his band will see a sudden spike?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I assume he has a South Carolina carry permit or one of the very few that is accepted in that state.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Seems....desperate....

Most places with "NO GUNS" policies have no replacement security in place, beyond an unarmed bouncer. That's stupid. Not only is there zero evidence that "NO GUNS" policies make people safer, the list of spree shootings correlates very strongly with the "gun free" zones. At least in the courthouse, the place is full of armed deputies and cops who would probably shoot me last, or at least not on purpose. Disarming every school has resulted in schools being very dangerous places, and a safer working environment for the bullies and drug dealers and rapists.

It's Lysenkoism, the policy of elevating political doctrine above science and reality and empirical evidence. They have this echo-chamber theory that fewer guns automatically translates into fewer shootings, the way that fewer leaks in your boat means less water coming in. The reality is that it's like removing the horns from all the bulls in your herd, to prevent wolf attacks. It's like banning food in your home to prevent food poisoning. There will always be unintended consequences.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast