Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Oaks Gun Show 8/5 & 6. Need info

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    As everyone else mentioned concealed means concealed at a show. Keep it that way and you won't have a problem. I generally oc at gun shows, so I have mine zip tied before entry. It's amazing how many zip ties you find in the mens room trash though.
    I stopped carrying my revolver to the show. Took longer to reload after cutting the zip tie, after I left for the day of course. I usually carry the lcp now.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    And what do we do when we find you? You got free candy?
    Sometimes I have candy. Usually I have cookies. I'll share either.

I also have LOTS of cool guns and other stuff for sale. As RL said; he sometimes comes away poorer but satisfied.

(Berks County)

The irony of gun shows, to go and be stripped of your rights to carry... I agree w the others

There's also a tattoo convention about 20 minutes from the gun show in wyomissing/reading. If your traveling from that far away for the gun show you may also want to check that out.

http://www.pagodacitytattoofest.com/

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    It's amazing how many zip ties you find in the mens room trash though.
    Can you conceal carry snips too?

(Berks County)

I'll be setting up a booth for zip tie removal. Just $1 per tie.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Can you conceal carry snips too?

OC
    Just to draw some more attention to myself.
    Last edited by R L Suehr; August 1st, 2017 at 04:33 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    And if you make it to Oaks, look me up. I run Highland Arms Co. I'll be near the restrooms in Hall A. Look for the small red Highland Arms sign.
    What sigs will you have at the show? Im looking to compare the p220 to the p227 if possible

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    The irony of gun shows, to go and be stripped of your rights to carry... I agree w the others

That's silly to the point I hope you are joking. A gun show is a place to try and buy, so people are pulling out guns, trying the holster fit, checking the trigger action, holstering, re holstering.

These as you know are the most dangerous things you could do with a gun, multiply by 700 people. Of course if YOU have the 100% no excuses discipline (not "no one is watching me", but true integrity) of keeping your carry gun concealed, go right ahead, I have nothing to fear, but if you go there and darn! that holster/laser/holo sight would just go great with your carry gun and darn-it! you are going to try it on your loaded piece right now, then just stay home or ziptie it just as they ask at the door.

No different than going to any gun store, the only change is that they'll shoot you rather quickly at the store if you pull out a gun unannounced.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post
    That's silly to the point I hope you are joking. A gun show is a place to try and buy, so people are pulling out guns, trying the holster fit, checking the trigger action, holstering, re holstering.

These as you know are the most dangerous things you could do with a gun, multiply by 700 people. Of course if YOU have the 100% no excuses discipline (not "no one is watching me", but true integrity) of keeping your carry gun concealed, go right ahead, I have nothing to fear, but if you go there and darn! that holster/laser/holo sight would just go great with your carry gun and darn-it! you are going to try it on your loaded piece right now, then just stay home or ziptie it just as they ask at the door.

No different than going to any gun store, the only change is that they'll shoot you rather quickly at the store if you pull out a gun unannounced.
    This aruemtn can be said for so many different scenarios. Amusement rides. Chances are pretty good of the thing slipping out. In fact it has happened. NRA conventions are gun-free too if I recall correctly. Talk about irony. The fact is carrying has its own risks that some businesses don't want to subject themselves to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post

That is as absurd as any other business rule ban / gun free zone!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast