Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Erie Insurance Arena gets metal detectors

I mean I like watching the otters... I don't like walking downtown at night without my gun. And I like my knife for like, everything

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    Just received this email from Erie events

Erie Insurance Arena Enhances
    Safety Measures for Patrons

Permanent walk-through metal detectors have been installed at the 8,000 seat Erie Insurance Arena to improve safety for all patrons. The security enhancement, along with other updates behind the scenes such as additional cameras and monitoring systems, are consistent with a nationwide trend at public assembly facilities. The eight metal detectors will be fully operational starting July 29, 2017 for WWE and will be standard operating procedure for anyone entering the building during an event.

For the protection of all Erie Events patrons: bottles, cans, flasks, backpacks, weapons of any kind, dangerous or unlawful materials are
    prohibited in the Erie Insurance Arena. In order to increase the efficiency of these machines and to create a positive experience for everyone, patrons are asked to keep the following guidelines in mind:

* Arrive early.
    * Limit the amount of personal items brought into the venue to expedite the screening process.
    * Leave all weapons at home. Weapons may include, but are not limited to, firearms, pocket knives, pepper spray and wallet chains.
    * No detachable lens cameras will be permitted.
    * Once in the screening area, make sure you have your ticket in hand. Place purses, cell phones, keys and any other objects on the screening table and walk through the metal detector when instructed. Erie Events security employees will assist all patrons with the new process and accommodate those with special needs.
    But........ you can wear long socks and carry 20 bucks worth of pennies and quarters.

(Berks County)

Was this stadium built with taxpayer money? If it was and it's not a federally prohibited building then they should not be allowed to ban firearms.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Was this stadium built with taxpayer money? If it was and it's not a federally prohibited building then they should not be allowed to ban firearms.
    Hmmm, interesting!

Yes of course, taxpayers built it. I wonder how a challenge would go?
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

What are they going to do? Make thousands of people empty their pockets before entering? Make patrons show up hours ahead of schedule to get screened like an airport?
    It's all for show.

All you have to do is not go. Tell them to fuck off. A few near empty events will change their minds.

But gun owners are afraid of their wives, disappointing their children, and not attending sporting events, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    What are they going to do? Make thousands of people empty their pockets before entering? Make patrons show up hours ahead of schedule to get screened like an airport?
    It's all for show.

All you have to do is not go. Tell them to fuck off. A few near empty events will change their minds.

But gun owners are afraid of their wives, disappointing their children, and not attending sporting events, so there you go.
    ^That's the truth.

It's not that big of a place and events already have a hard time because of the economic climate here...and it keeps getting worse.
    Odd thing is I wondered into a ballgame the other day with no issue. The ball field is right next door!

I've seen Alan Jackson and he puts on a good show but I'd rather see him at a small theater venue somewhere, which is what I prefer these days anyway.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    ^That's the truth.

It's not that big of a place and events already have a hard time because of the economic climate here...and it keeps getting worse.
    Odd thing is I wondered into a ballgame the other day with no issue. The ball field is right next door!

I've seen Alan Jackson and he puts on a good show but I'd rather see him at a small theater venue somewhere, which is what I prefer these days anyway.
    And it's getting worse. GE announced today, no more locomotive production will be done in Erie, by the end of 2018. Losing 575 more jobs to the Texas plant. Unions are screwed in the good old US of A.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    And it's getting worse. GE announced today, no more locomotive production will be done in Erie, by the end of 2018. Losing 575 more jobs to the Texas plant. Unions are screwed in the good old US of A.
    What a shame. Those are good paying jobs with benefits.

(Erie County)

Someone will turn that into a plastics plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12