Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default The New SIG MCX VIRTUS Patrol Rifle

Looks like Sig came out with another rifle in effort to upgrade their MCX called the Sig Virtus.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-m...us-patrol.html

Sig claims it has increased accuracy with its Matchlite Duo 2-stage trigger and modularity and a bunch of other stuff some of features are mentioned here.

http://www.bluesheepdog.com/2017/07/...irtus-arrives/

It has an MSRP of approx. $2300.00.It hasn’t hit the market yet at the writing of this thread. However it appears that Buds Gun Shop already felt the effect and is now selling the original MCX for $1341.00.
    A feature it does have is it weighs 7.9 Lbs which almost two pounds more than the original MCX. I don’t understand the all the weight since in my opinion being lightweight (approx. 6LBS) was one of the best features of the MCX. As far as the modularity claim, anyone familiar with SIG knows how heavily they advertised modularity for the Sig 556Xi and MCX and they kind of lost interest in producing any parts.

My prediction is the original MCX is making its way to SIG's discontinued list and anyone who buys the VIRTUS for its modularity is going to be disappointed.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: The New SIG MCX VIRTUS Patrol Rifle

I just can't get into these rifles, and I don't think a new model with a higher MSRP and street price is going to help. I guess part of the reason why is I always liked the 550 family and unfairly hold the fact it isn't one against the MCX.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tacogewehr View Post
    I just can't get into these rifles, and I don't think a new model with a higher MSRP and street price is going to help. I guess part of the reason why is I always liked the 550 family and unfairly hold the fact it isn't one against the MCX.
    SIG evolved from a company that produced the Cadillac of semi pistols and one of the greatest military rifles that being the SIG 550 to a company that produces a new firearm every other month and only to lose interest in it a few months later.

To their credit they appear to have a strong lineup with the SIG 226 and 229 pistol series and they got the Army contract for their 320 pistol. However in an attempt to make an American version of the SIG 550 they created the disastrous 556. When they finally appear to get it right with the 556xi and advertise it as being more modular than a set of Lego blocks, they don’t offer any modular parts and discontinue production of the entire rifle. Instead they come out with the MCX. Some genius decided to put a 12 LBS trigger on it. To their credit again they upgraded it and offered buyers of the original model free upgrades. However owners wanting multi caliber kits are SOL. I question if they can’t make modular parts as advertised for their rifles they produced, why they are making yet another rifle being the SIG VIRTUS. As already mentioned it weighs a ton.

Today it appears SIG lacks focus and they need to stop using their customers as beta testers for their new firearms. I was on the SIG website known as Sig-talk where there were numerous other SG customers were fed up and will no longer buy a SIG rifle due to their risk of ending up on the discontinued list very quickly.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; July 29th, 2017 at 09:00 AM.

(Berks County)

"To their credit again they upgraded it and offered buyers of the original model free upgrades"........

When did this happen? Because, I certainly missed that memo. "Free" upgrade"? I put a Geissele G2S in mine but have removed it due to the G2 carriage assembly.....back to stock trigger.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    "To their credit again they upgraded it and offered buyers of the original model free upgrades"........

When did this happen? Because, I certainly missed that memo. "Free" upgrade"? I put a Geissele G2S in mine but have removed it due to the G2 carriage assembly.....back to stock trigger.
    During the recall, they put a Geissele in my MCX to replace my ALG ACT.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    During the recall, they put a Geissele in my MCX to replace my ALG ACT.
    Same here.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...ement-program/

I don't know if this program is still going on but if it is and you send yours in the past they were putting in a Geissele trigger in addition to the other upgrades. When I sent mine in it took about 8 weeks to get it back.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; July 21st, 2017 at 10:13 PM.

Mine ran perfect before recall, and is running perfect since, btw.

I have no intentions on getting the virtus. Midwest industries now has mlock handguards for the MCX and I just put one on mine. It's a well built piece of furniture and it looks like it could have come from the factory with it.

They're going to have them for the MPX as well.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lehigh County)

The new MCX sounds nice but not sure if the price is worth it verse a real nice AR at that price point.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bullzeye8 View Post
    The new MCX sounds nice but not sure if the price is worth it verse a real nice AR at that price point.
    It looks like they are trying to complete with the HK MR556. They also weight 8lbs and cost a mint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast