Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: How would you feel if your FFL...

While I do not find it unreasonable for him to have his gunsmith buddy look for the weld, I do find it unreasonable to lock my property in a vise and wrench on it, especially using a reaction rod, which is known to sheer off index pins.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    While I do not find it unreasonable for him to have his gunsmith buddy look for the weld, I do find it unreasonable to lock my property in a vise and wrench on it, especially using a reaction rod, which is known to sheer off index pins.
    No disagreement with you there except the reaction rod part. It's designed specifically to prevent that.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Indiana County)

You could have refused the rifle, but you didn't, so did you only find it a little bit unreasonable?

I told the cashier at Dollar General to take the sparklers my daughter wanted off my order because she asked for ID from me, I found that unreasonable and acted upon it.

I personally would have refused delivery and told the FFL that you would never be back.
    Then called the superstore and demanded a refund.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    You could have refused the rifle, but you didn't, so did you only find it a little bit unreasonable?

I told the cashier at Dollar General to take the sparklers my daughter wanted off my order because she asked for ID from me, I found that unreasonable and acted upon it.

I personally would have refused delivery and told the FFL that you would never be back.
    Then called the superstore and demanded a refund.
    You are correct. I wanted the rifle more than I was agitated. Nevertheless, I still don't agree with it, and I will likely go somewhere else next time.

(Berks County)

I would think the FFL should open the box when you're there for the transfer, not before. That's what I've experienced at three different ones I use. If you would see anything you don't like, you could easily pin it on the FFL since he opened the box. No telling what could have happened. If it's sealed until you get there, it's CYA for both FFL and customer.

And what on the invoice would have even led him to think there might be an SBR in the package?

Bottom line: He is an idiot and was wrong. I would have refused it, had it returned, had the vendor send another, and disputed the CC payment until it was resolved. Worst case you would have been out return shipping.

But that's water under the bridge, so I hope everything is OK.

(Indiana County)

You are correct. I wanted the rifle more than I was agitated. Nevertheless, I still don't agree with it, and I will likely go somewhere else next time.
    I would definitely go elsewhere and would let the FFL know why you will not be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I would think the FFL should open the box when you're there for the transfer, not before. That's what I've experienced at three different ones I use. If you would see anything you don't like, you could easily pin it on the FFL since he opened the box. No telling what could have happened. If it's sealed until you get there, it's CYA for both FFL and customer.

And what on the invoice would have even led him to think there might be an SBR in the package?

Bottom line: He is an idiot and was wrong. I would have refused it, had it returned, had the vendor send another, and disputed the CC payment until it was resolved. Worst case you would have been out return shipping.

But that's water under the bridge, so I hope everything is OK.
    Best answer yet.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

or we can repeal the idiotic NFA laws that only generate revenue and felons and are really doing soooooo much to curb street violence and crime.............
    hahahahhahhhahahaaaaaaaa

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I would think the FFL should open the box when you're there for the transfer, not before. That's what I've experienced at three different ones I use. If you would see anything you don't like, you could easily pin it on the FFL since he opened the box. No telling what could have happened. If it's sealed until you get there, it's CYA for both FFL and customer. .
    Yep....who told ffl to open the damn box in the first place?
    FFL and vendor would be informed of my displeasure as the reason I will not be dealing with either of them again.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Yep....who told ffl to open the damn box in the first place?
    FFL and vendor would be informed of my displeasure as the reason I will not be dealing with either of them again.
    FFL has to put the serial number in the A&D book. He can't leave guns in the box on site. Further, most FFL will compare the serial number on the box (if there is one) to the one on the gun because the one on the gun is the one that goes in the book.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast