Just a quick post before work looking for some thoughts from you home based FFL's.

My former business partner who I have been still working with for years is calling it quits due to health reasons.

I have decided that due to the lack of a place to even get transfers done locally I am going to get my own FFL again after an almost 20 year lapse.

My questions to you guys who have gotten yours recently is where do you base your business out of?
My home is a small coal mining town house.
I do have a small "computer" room that I could use for an office but that would require people coming through my kitchen and such, something I don't want to do.

Do any of you guys use your garage or other outbuilding and if so I suppose the ATF agent that came out had no problems with this?

I plan on doing mostly internet sales and transfers.
I know the ATF wants regular hours, or do they? I plan on keeping my job for now due to the health insurance and doing this in the evenings and weekends, did anyone have a problem with this?

I do have a line on 150+ surplus guns I have been offered as well as possibly picking up some of the inventory of my buddy.
I will also be able to get his twice a year gun raffles.
I know some of the larger wholesalers won't deal with "kitchen table" dealers, but if I go with a garage based space do any of you guys have a positive experience with getting these places to deal with you.
I have a list of smaller or willing wholesalers already as well as contacts for used guns, I'd just like to be able to get in on the ammo deals that places offer when they do their trade shows.

I know this is a jumble of questions.
I plan on doing this, the first thing is getting my home equity loan wrapped up, so I'm just picking brains right now.

Useful advice is welcome, I'm mainly concerned about the "office" requirement if any.

If you guys don't want to post out in the open, a PM is fine as well.
I'm not asking for your business contacts and such, just general thoughts.