Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Benelli Ultra Light / Beretta A400 Xplor Action / Browning Maxus Stalker

It might be worth a phone call to Beretta to explain your situation of how u only can shoot one handed and to ask them to let you know which dealers in the area have received an ultralight model A400 unicorn . . .

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    WOAH BUDDY, I just found that Beretta makes the "Xplor Light" model that only weighs 0.18lb more than the Benelli Ultra Light . . . best of both worlds???

http://www.a400xplor.com/light-a400-...x?m=53&did=674

EDIT: So much for that idea, the "Light" model is a bit of a unicorn . . . no stock anywhere it seems.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Benelli Ultra Light / Beretta A400 Xplor Action / Browning Maxus Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    It might be worth a phone call to Beretta to explain your situation of how u only can shoot one handed and to ask them to let you know which dealers in the area have received an ultralight model A400 unicorn . . .
    Rob
    I'm gonna head over to Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays and test out a bunch of their demo guns this weekend. Supposedly they can order any Beretta, so we'll see how it goes. I read up a bit more on the Benelli Ultra Light and opinions are just all over the place as far as the recoil. Some say that it's "tooth rattling" or "punishing" and others say that their wives shoot game loads out of it with no problem, lol. Without shooting one myself, idk what to think.

(Lackawanna County)

Before you go and "Pull the trigger" and order one from LVSC I have a few dealers up here that may be able to get you a much better $$$ on it. It may be worth the 90 min. ride to save a few hundred $$$.

Rob

(Northampton County)

Before you go and "Pull the trigger" and order one from LVSC I have a few dealers up here that may be able to get you a much better $$$ on it. It may be worth the 90 min. ride to save a few hundred $$$.

Rob
    Thanks, I'll shoot you a PM before making any decisions. I'm not in a rush to buy ASAP.

(Northampton County)

I found what I was looking for yesterday in the Beretta A400 Lite Synthetic 12ga 26" w/ Kick Off, thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread!

(Lackawanna County)

only recommendation I have is maybe look for a longer barrel

(Northampton County)

I checked out a variety of barrel lengths from 26" to 28" to 30" and felt most at home with the 26." With less weight out away from my hand and no support hand on the forend to aim, it was just easier for me with the shorter barrel.

(Northampton County)

I just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that I'm loving this shotgun. I tried trap for the first time and shot 18, 17, 20, 18 in a fairly stiff breeze. Not only is shotgunning a real hoot, I've found that with the right equipment I can do it pretty effectively with just one arm.
    Last edited by BionicMan; December 4th, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

So what did u end up getting and from where ??

(Northampton County)

So what did u end up getting and from where ??
    Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    I found what I was looking for yesterday in the Beretta A400 Lite Synthetic 12ga 26" w/ Kick Off, thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread!
    I bought it from Osage Guns, they had the hot number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast