I bought an S&W BG 380 when they were doing the rebate last month. I decided to buy a box of factory ammo while I was at Wallyworld to see if I would shoot the thing enough to justify buying dies for it.

As I am checking out the guy cards me whatever here is my ID, then he starts scanning it and typing things into his register. I ask him what he is doing, and he says that I must not buy a lot of ammo (true I load almost all of what I shoot) because the federal law changed in April and they have to record everyone's info for every ammo purchase. I immediately take my ID back and tell the clerk that there is no such law and that he needs to delete/void whatever he just did with my ID. He starts lecturing me about how he doesn't understand why I need 50 rounds at a time and how he should be doing a background check for my purchase not just logging it. I ask to speak to a manager, and she was conveniently on her meal break.

So I leave the other two items I was going to purchase on the counter and walk out. I get in my truck call Wal*Mart corporate and tell them what happened, and the guy is shocked and immediately puts me on the phone with his supervisor. They will apparently be investigating the guy for fraud and offered me three years of LifeLock for free because the guy could have been trying to steal my identity.

I thanked the supervisor and got all the information for LifeLock confirmed, but I told him that he was likely just some anti-gunner.

Holy Shit I can't go anywhere without attracting some moron who just wants to push my asshole button.