Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Walmart employee going way too far for one box of .380

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Walmart Is Getting Sued For Selling a Box of Bullets
    Reuters
    Jan 08, 2016

Wal-Mart Stores, the world's largest retailer, faces a lawsuit in Pennsylvania claiming store employees negligently allowed an underage, intoxicated customer to buy a box of bullets later used to commit three murders.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/08/walmar...-pennsylvania/
    " the lawsuit says. "Nor did the defendants take any precautions to determine whether Mr. Jourdain was intoxicated."

I guess breathalyzer tests at Walmart are coming next before selling ammo.

Them checking I'd is not something I will ever get bent out of shape for. Recording info would be another story but that's not what they are doing.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
    I bought an S&W BG 380 when they were doing the rebate last month. I decided to buy a box of factory ammo while I was at Wallyworld to see if I would shoot the thing enough to justify buying dies for it.

As I am checking out the guy cards me whatever here is my ID, then he starts scanning it and typing things into his register. I ask him what he is doing, and he says that I must not buy a lot of ammo (true I load almost all of what I shoot) because the federal law changed in April and they have to record everyone's info for every ammo purchase. I immediately take my ID back and tell the clerk that there is no such law and that he needs to delete/void whatever he just did with my ID. He starts lecturing me about how he doesn't understand why I need 50 rounds at a time and how he should be doing a background check for my purchase not just logging it. I ask to speak to a manager, and she was conveniently on her meal break.

So I leave the other two items I was going to purchase on the counter and walk out. I get in my truck call Wal*Mart corporate and tell them what happened, and the guy is shocked and immediately puts me on the phone with his supervisor. They will apparently be investigating the guy for fraud and offered me three years of LifeLock for free because the guy could have been trying to steal my identity.

I thanked the supervisor and got all the information for LifeLock confirmed, but I told him that he was likely just some anti-gunner.

Holy Shit I can't go anywhere without attracting some moron who just wants to push my asshole button.
    I've never shown an ID at Wallyworld, and I've bought lots there from 22lr to 38 spl. I was asked once if my .380 was for a rifle or pistol, and the idiot actually entered rifle.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I would have ensured that conversation with management happened immediately.

Cabelas over a year ago, wife and kids and I are there just to look around. I don't remember what I was buying, but it wasn't much so I waited in line while the wife took the kids out to the car. Finally it's my turn and the girl says "can I have your phone number?" I very plainly said "No." She then proceeded to scold me for what she perceived as me being mean to her. I told her that I didn't take kindly to being chastised because I didn't want to give my phone number. Her reply is "I'm just doing my job" to which I replied, "that's fine, but I'm not required to give it".

After checking out I walked right over to customer service, asked to speak to the manager of the checkout staff, which just happened to be the person that was right there. I told her what happened and that I felt it wasn't her place to chastise me in front of other customers because I don't want to give my phone number.

Too many stores don't properly train their people in dealing with customers, I point that out to management when I can.
    Remember Radio Shack always asking for phone number? I just made one up.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
    I bought an S&W BG 380 when they were doing the rebate last month. I decided to buy a box of factory ammo while I was at Wallyworld to see if I would shoot the thing enough to justify buying dies for it.

As I am checking out the guy cards me whatever here is my ID, then he starts scanning it and typing things into his register. I ask him what he is doing, and he says that I must not buy a lot of ammo (true I load almost all of what I shoot) because the federal law changed in April and they have to record everyone's info for every ammo purchase. I immediately take my ID back and tell the clerk that there is no such law and that he needs to delete/void whatever he just did with my ID. He starts lecturing me about how he doesn't understand why I need 50 rounds at a time and how he should be doing a background check for my purchase not just logging it. I ask to speak to a manager, and she was conveniently on her meal break.
    Maybe one needs to buy 50 rounds at a time because that how many are in the box they sell them in.

(Chester County)

and asks "Can I get a phone number?"

(...to "Jenny" music...)

867-5309

Girl at Sears asks, 'Thomas, right?'

Apparently I'm not the only one to use it, got a load of coupons printed on the receipt!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I would have ensured that conversation with management happened immediately.

Cabelas over a year ago, wife and kids and I are there just to look around. I don't remember what I was buying, but it wasn't much so I waited in line while the wife took the kids out to the car. Finally it's my turn and the girl says "can I have your phone number?" I very plainly said "No." She then proceeded to scold me for what she perceived as me being mean to her. I told her that I didn't take kindly to being chastised because I didn't want to give my phone number. Her reply is "I'm just doing my job" to which I replied, "that's fine, but I'm not required to give it".

After checking out I walked right over to customer service, asked to speak to the manager of the checkout staff, which just happened to be the person that was right there. I told her what happened and that I felt it wasn't her place to chastise me in front of other customers because I don't want to give my phone number.

Too many stores don't properly train their people in dealing with customers, I point that out to management when I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Funny. I stopped at a chain parts store for oil for my mower on the way home today.
    He picks it up, pecks at the computer and asks "Can I get a phone number?"

"No." I replied as "neutrally" as I could manage.

"OK, that's $8.01"

He didn't bat an eye - just completed the sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    I've never shown an ID at Wallyworld, and I've bought lots there from 22lr to 38 spl. I was asked once if my .380 was for a rifle or pistol, and the idiot actually entered rifle.
    Sometimes the phone numbers are tied to rewards cards and you need one to get the sale discounts. If I have a discount card at the site, but do not have it on me then I have no problem with the whole phone number thingy. When they ask for an email then I tell then no.

Quote Originally Posted by howard stiffy View Post
    and asks "Can I get a phone number?"

(...to "Jenny" music...)

867-5309

Girl at Sears asks, 'Thomas, right?'

Apparently I'm not the only one to use it, got a load of coupons printed on the receipt!
    Last name TuTone, That police chiefs daughters pissed

Hokkmike Guest

Not to be smart, but I ALWAYS support my LGS over Wally-World.

(Erie County)

Tell them that your number is 814-452 6311.

if my LGS weren't set up to prey on NY/NJ and other fools...
    well, if you want an AR. they're still selling them at MSRP.

here i was hoping walmart would be expanding their firearms and ammo post-election. at least most of the cabinet is full of ammo now.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    Tell them that your number is 814-452 6311.
    the only aldi with a phone?

memorize the number of the store your going into, use that. give them their number back to them. lol
    Last edited by fallenleader; July 18th, 2017 at 07:48 AM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Not to be smart, but I ALWAYS support my LGS over Wally-World.
    Not to be smart, but...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast