Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Walmart employee going way too far for one box of .380

I bought ammo at the Greensburg location last week.
    He asked for ID.

I said, "Sorry, not giving you my ID - you're not swiping it, you can put the ammo back I don't want it."

Him: Oh, no we don't swipe it - just need to confirm the birth date. New policy. (gestures to sign up on the glass)

Me: OK, sure, I don't have a problem SHOWING it to you.

I assume it's a store policy - not corporate. Haven't seen the same thing anywhere else.
    The "age" thing is nothing new, they just ask for a date of birth to plug in to comply with law for selling "handgun ammo".
    Most employees don't even ask - they just make something up when they know you are "old enough".
    I rarely get asked the birth date thing or the "handgun or rifle" question.

If I got lectured by some faggy little liberal over buying ammo, I guaran-damned-tee you I'd find out his name and have a nice talk with several levels of management.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

You were correct there my only purpose at that moment to speak to the manager was to save the sale so I didn't have to make another stop for my ammo at Dunhams or drive to Target for my better half's shampoo she asked for. I have found most managers will try to defend their staff but corporate will throw them under the bus every chance they get.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If I got lectured by some faggy little liberal over buying ammo, I guaran-damned-tee you I'd find out his name and have a nice talk with several levels of management.
    I would have ensured that conversation with management happened immediately.

Cabelas over a year ago, wife and kids and I are there just to look around. I don't remember what I was buying, but it wasn't much so I waited in line while the wife took the kids out to the car. Finally it's my turn and the girl says "can I have your phone number?" I very plainly said "No." She then proceeded to scold me for what she perceived as me being mean to her. I told her that I didn't take kindly to being chastised because I didn't want to give my phone number. Her reply is "I'm just doing my job" to which I replied, "that's fine, but I'm not required to give it".

After checking out I walked right over to customer service, asked to speak to the manager of the checkout staff, which just happened to be the person that was right there. I told her what happened and that I felt it wasn't her place to chastise me in front of other customers because I don't want to give my phone number.

Too many stores don't properly train their people in dealing with customers, I point that out to management when I can.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

Cabelas over a year ago, wife and kids and I are there just to look around. I don't remember what I was buying, but it wasn't much so I waited in line while the wife took the kids out to the car. Finally it's my turn and the girl says "can I have your phone number?" I very plainly said "No." She then proceeded to scold me for what she perceived as me being mean to her. I told her that I didn't take kindly to being chastised because I didn't want to give my phone number. Her reply is "I'm just doing my job" to which I replied, "that's fine, but I'm not required to give it".

After checking out I walked right over to customer service, asked to speak to the manager of the checkout staff, which just happened to be the person that was right there. I told her what happened and that I felt it wasn't her place to chastise me in front of other customers because I don't want to give my phone number.

Too many stores don't properly train their people in dealing with customers, I point that out to management when I can.
    Funny. I stopped at a chain parts store for oil for my mower on the way home today.
    He picks it up, pecks at the computer and asks "Can I get a phone number?"

"No." I replied as "neutrally" as I could manage.

"OK, that's $8.01"

He didn't bat an eye - just completed the sale.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Perhaps that is where my lack of patience for assholes like this guy come from. I work security at concerts as a side gig; by the time I get involved the "nice" people have exhausted all other options so I know what good customer service should look like because it often takes up the 10-15 minutes before me booting someone from a concert.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
    I was still with the Asshole. It was the Carnegie PA location. Damn liberal Allegheny County.
    Well found the problem. Carnegie Walmart is a shit hole to begin with. You did the right thing.

On certain items their POS pops up with a question for the clerk asking of the customer is over 18 or 21 depending. They're supposed to ask for ID on those items to verify ID. Most of them just use their judgement and answer the question. Happens to me all the time when I'm buying items that contain contents under pressure.
    yeah. i figured the guy just hit "yes"
    for one, he looked like your typical "i hate this place" minimum wage worker.
    for two, i was OC, thats enough of a hint for anyone that knows.

only certain spraypaints will prompt the POS systems at places like homedepot.
    craziest thing, found out when ringing up self checkout, ID items will kill the transaction till clerk checks and hit yes.
    it's like, you can graffitti and huff all the appliance epoxy you want, but buy that rust converter and the system flags you.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Walmart Is Getting Sued For Selling a Box of Bullets
    Reuters
    Jan 08, 2016

Wal-Mart Stores, the world's largest retailer, faces a lawsuit in Pennsylvania claiming store employees negligently allowed an underage, intoxicated customer to buy a box of bullets later used to commit three murders.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/08/walmar...-pennsylvania/
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Walmart Is Getting Sued For Selling a Box of Bullets
    Reuters
    Jan 08, 2016

Wal-Mart Stores, the world's largest retailer, faces a lawsuit in Pennsylvania claiming store employees negligently allowed an underage, intoxicated customer to buy a box of bullets later used to commit three murders.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/08/walmar...-pennsylvania/
    Regardless of that, the clerk lied when he said there was a change in the law.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

I always say no to the telephone # question. Goes back to the RadioShack days. Fortunately no one has ever given me a problem about it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast