Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Definition of "Concealed CaRRY"

It looks like your question has been answered. So tell us, if you'd like, why you are concerned about the definition of concealed. Knowing that may help us clarify the answers here.
    Last edited by donotknowme; July 17th, 2017 at 11:18 PM.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Indiana County)

Probably because he spent so much time in Florida where anything close to a gun possibly being seen while carried is enough to call in the police, SWAT and the National Guard.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    I'm sure more than one ex-NYPDer did a double take when he/she first spotted a Pennsylvania OCer.

Yep, I happened to me as I was walking from my motel room across the parking lot to the eatery. I was open carry of a 1911. I explained to him he wasn't in NY anymore and you don't even need a license to open carry in this state. He was a bit confused.
    USNRET '61-'81

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    As a former New Yorker, and more recently a former Floridian, welcome to Freedom. Here one can get a License to Carry Firearms, unlike New York City, and there's no training requirement, unlike Florida, and it's only twenty bucks, on a one-page application, with no interviews (except Philadelphia), no detailed, in-depth reason requirement, no list of hanguns, no psych evaluation, no physical exam, no blood sample, no nothing.
    There's gonna be blood running in the gutters I tell ya.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Bobo, did you ever meet Serpico?
    I know you're not him, he's older by about five years.
    My uncle told me tonight... No shit... He was mistaken for Serpico on the street in New York in the 70's while there taking a course. He emphasized he and Serpico are around the same age and it was right after Serpico's scandal went down that it happene. In all honesty today he looks more like Uncle Si or Osama bin Laden. The kids on his bus even call him Osama bin Laden.
    Last edited by FJW; July 17th, 2017 at 02:39 AM.

(Beaver County)

License To Carry Firearm. LTCF

No mention of open or concealed, except for Philadelphia which thinks it's part of New Jersey.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    License To Carry Firearm. LTCF

No mention of open or concealed, except for Philadelphia which thinks it's part of New Jersey.
    If it wasn't for giving NJ a foothold across the Delaware I'd be perfectly happy to let them be.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    It looks like your question has been answered. So tell us, if you'd like, why you are concerned about the definition of concealed. Knowing that may help us clarify the answers here.
    I think I am more concerned about the meaning of "OPEN CARRY" as opposed to "Concealed", & why "OPEN" carry should even be considered.

My thoughts have always been that a weapon is for MY personal protection, and therefore should not be the source for any Mis-Fit who sees the weapon on DISPLAY & then looks for

a discussion, or the next opening to raise his status among the cretins that they associate with.

Most of us are average joe's who just want to be left to our own thoughts, unfortunately, the OTHER SIDE does not agree with that ideal.

Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by bobo4194 View Post
    I think I am more concerned about the meaning of "OPEN CARRY" as opposed to "Concealed", & why "OPEN" carry should even be considered.

My thoughts have always been that a weapon is for MY personal protection, and therefore should not be the source for any Mis-Fit who sees the weapon on DISPLAY & then looks for

a discussion, or the next opening to raise his status among the cretins that they associate with.

Most of us are average joe's who just want to be left to our own thoughts, unfortunately, the OTHER SIDE does not agree with that ideal.

Bobo
    Because, freedom, guns stick to my fat ass, they dig into my love handles, they rust if you don't oil them everyday from sticking to my fat ass, it is easier to access if needed, it actually keeps assholes away, I can wear clothes that fit me and I can pimp my custom made milt sparks holster.
    Mostly though, I just like to look badass, cuz nothing says bad ass like a 54 year old, husky blue eyed devil with bad knees, bum shoulder, and other ailments.

The whole bad guy is gonna grab your gun argument holds as much water as the razor blades in candy myth...yes it has happened, it's just not that widespread.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Susquehanna County)

Please correct if I am, my understanding of Open Carry is while on foot and the entire handgun, including the retention (holster), is in plain view.. other than that it is considered concealed, or not in plain sight.
    ie.. OWB holster and while moving you shirt becomes untucked and covered the grips.. concealed, no longer in plain sight

PA LTCF is a wonderful thing, Constitutional Carry would be a more wonderful thing.. anywho..
    You need a LTCF when you have a loaded handgun with you while in/on Conveyance (vehicles to include 2 wheel types)
    You need a LTCF when carrying a handgun while spotlighting, bow or blackpowder hunting
    You need a LTCF when carrying a handgun in Philadelphia, concealed or open
    You need a LTCF when carrying a handgun during a state of emergency

Just spent the weekend riding my motorcycle around VT and NH.. was nice to wear my OWB thumb break holster and not worry about being open carry.
    The riding up through NY I had a shoulder holster under a motorcycle jacket, that while it was HOT and sweaty out I could not remove for fear of revealing the handgun... (I have a NY Pistol Permit but like FL if it can be seen you can be arrested)
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast