Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default Please recommend air/pellet rifle

Have a hoard of small critters that are most numerous at sunup around the house.
    Looking for a quiet assault at that time in the morning.
    Have live trapped quite a few over the summer, but after recently trapping a skunk..well screw that.
    Those into airguns, recommendations for a decent rifle that won't break the bank appreciated.
    Thanks.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Please recommend air/pellet rifle

How much do you want to spend? The German ones are the best, but pricey.

Edit: Just saw your break the bank comment. Gamo Whisperlite is a good bang for the buck.

(Montgomery County)

Pick up a .22 cal pellet rifle, you can find them with as high of FPS as 22lr and you can legally suppress it at home, tax stamp free.

(Tioga County)

If all you are concerned with is disturbing the neighbors and it is legal to discharge a firearm just use 22 cal cb rounds. with a 20 inch or longer barrel you can hear the firing pin strike. with the 18 inch barrel on my savage its slightly louder using cci quiet 22. I use them to shoot raccoon (in season) that my hounds tree somewhat close to the rare house. Always outside legal safety zones of course.

(Bucks County)

RWS Diana.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana..._Air_Rifle/403

/THREAD

I have the Chinese knockoff version that's about 20 years old. It's a beast. Side cocker, not a break barrel.

Very accurate but weighs as much an an M1A with a full mag.

(Chester County)

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

BF538B97-57F0-4077-B2F7-153643951D7F.jpgI got a really nice one from my wife two Christmas’s ago. Real nice shooter, silencer and scope too. Very accurate. Can’t tell you make and model because my wife left a shovel leaning against my shed.
    Ok, there’s a groundhog under the shed. I think he’s a cute, fat whistle-pig that harms nobody. Wife thinks he could kill T-Bone, my 11 pound terrorist dog. T-Bone is a badass, but my wife keeps calling her ‘Phoebe’ and I guess she does have a soft-side to one of her many personalities. Mostly, she is a bad-ass though. And she answers to T-Bone when I yell.
    So, the wife wants the whistle-pig dispatched with extreme prejudice. The awesome pellet gun in question resides next to the bedroom window with a great view of the entrance to the the groundhog’s lair. Even better view of the grassy area where he dines on clover and gets fat. I see him there all the time, but he is paranoid, and quick to dive under the shed.
    So, the decision has been made, and the order to execute the ‘fat bastard’ has been confirmed. The death watch commences. I check for him all the time. I am concerned that I need to get a clean kill, as we are somewhat acquainted with each other. I guess I made my job tougher by naming him. Mr. Wigglenose if you need to know. I put a 12” x12” 1/4” thick piece of stainless steel with a shoot-n-see target stuck to it. Right in front of ‘wiggles’ front door. Perhaps subconsciously I am hoping he reads the signs and moves out with no forwarding address. I pop a pellet into the x-ring a couple times a day until I know I can send him to the grassy meadow on high with zero pain.
    Two weeks go by. Maybe he moved. No, there he is. I surmise he has just gotten back from visiting his folks in Warrington. I don’t know. I steel myself to do the deed. Break the action and load the pellet, a flat-nosed hunting projectile that the pimply-faced goober at Gander Mountain says is the best available. Yes, it was a couple years ago, and yes, he really was selling like he was on commission. I close the barrel and begin to recite the prayer that the sniper in ‘ Saving Private Ry....... ok, I made that part up. It would have been cool though! I will try to find that and memorize it.
    I slide the screen up slowly, quietly, ever so slowly. I take a sock from her dresser and fold it and lay it on the sill, let the barrel rest there and settle the crosshairs on his head. I mentally say my goodbye. The safety moves under my thumb, and SNICK! It never made that noise before. My nemesis is alerted. He swivels and looks right at me. I whistle , and he sits straight up and then dives for the hole. POP! followed by PING, and ZZZZSH PING. No clue what those last two were, but they sounded weirdly ominous. Obviously , I missed.
    A few days later, she is riding the lawn mower in the backyard. She stops and yells my name. Actually, she yelled, “ hey asshole, get over here!” She is staring at the brand new black, aluminum, rail fence we had just finished installing a few weeks before. There is a weird pellet-shaped dent, deep dent, in one of the vertical rails!
    “It wasn’t me, I didn’t do it!” Ok, that didn’t work. Let’s try CSI’ing my way out of this. I look around, I point to my snipers perch, right next to her dresser and the window. I draw an imaginary line from my perch to the point where the groundhog was when I squeezed off the round. Holy Digging Implement, Batman! Look at that! Someone left a shovel leaned against the shed, convex side out. Close examination reveals a light colored smudge on the shovel. Clearly, the pellet was deflected by the shovel, into the fence rail! CASE CLOSED! I declare me innocent!
    I walk away and mutter, “ maybe you should put the shovel away next time you use it!” I hear her blurt out , “ say goodbye to your pellet gun, dickhead!”

So, yeah, there’s some really good pellet guns out there. I had one. Can’t recall what brand and model though. I wish I could help!
    Last edited by Manxdriver; September 28th, 2019 at 06:10 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Go PCP and dont look back.

Get a prod... aka benjamin marauder pistol in 22cal w hand pump, the pistol doesnt take many pumps to maintain charge once initial fill; then go to marmot militia (newer name now, think a merger with wicked) and get (2) LDCs aka moderatora aka silencers (legal for airguns bc they are not made for firearm use - threading, construction, etc).. you can tune the crap out of most pcps... this loadout is ridiculously quiet and can deadly 15-20 FPE - perfect critter range.

Or gamo urban w mod...

Or airforce talon ss w mods from talon tunes...

Check out yellowforum or gta air gun forums for used sales.

Yeah... i know my airgun shite....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    Go PCP and dont look back.

Get a prod... aka benjamin marauder pistol in 22cal w hand pump, the pistol doesnt take many pumps to maintain charge once initial fill; then go to marmot militia (newer name now, think a merger with wicked) and get (2) LDCs aka moderatora aka silencers (legal for airguns bc they are not made for firearm use - threading, construction, etc).. you can tune the crap out of most pcps... this loadout is ridiculously quiet and can deadly 15-20 FPE - perfect critter range.

Or gamo urban w mod...

Or airforce talon ss w mods from talon tunes...

Check out yellowforum or gta air gun forums for used sales.

Yeah... i know my airgun shite....
    I still want a full auto toy myself.... lol

I have crosmans generic marauder lol. I think its the american classic in .22cal with the marauder detachable pistol stock.

They were orginally selling them as a kit with ammo, targets and a backpack and were selling them as zombie survival type shit. I got it for like $20 new, orginal price was like $159.
    Pretty powerful little air pistol.
    Last edited by icp4life162005; September 29th, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

(Bucks County)

I still want one of those M19-A freon powered full auto bb guns.

I wonder if the 1lb cans of 134A would work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast