Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default CMP selling Winchester M1 Garands

Didn't see this posted, but CMP received a batch of M1 Garand Service Grade Winchesters for $930 with their free shipping and no tax ( until you claim it on your taxes obviously ).
    I think any M1 under $1,000 especially a Winchester listed service grade can't be beat. Sent my order off, hopefully there will be some left when they get to mine. CMP is neat but a pita to order for sure having to be a member, only able to order by mail, needing to be notarized, blah, blah, blah. Fingers crossed !
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; July 27th, 2017 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Edited title to clarify subject of OP.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Default Re: CMP

I saw this the other day. I don't know how much more the winchester name brings in value, but geez the prices just keep going up and up. I got a Springfield service grade 3 years ago for $650.

(Indiana County)

I picked up a service grade H&R earlier in the week for $800 and there is a guy in Blair county that had a Springfield listed on Gunboards, local pick up only, $725.
    My local fun shop just sold an ex-CMP Winchester for $1000 about a month ago, it was a Correct Grade that I missed out on by 10 mins...
    He had another Winchester as well that sold before I could grab it, I can't recall the price.

I'd have figured you'd be buying them for $300 in your area.

I've been debating buying any more Garands.
    If that batch shows up from the Philippines I am wondering what it will do to the market.

And I agree about the ordering system.
    They soured me when they started allowing multiple purchases a year.
    That's when you started seeing three guys set up at gunshows with a table full of Garands they bought and were now flipping to make a buck.

(Cumberland County)

I thought $930 was up there for CMP, but I have been told the Winchesters do command a premium, and $930 is below going rate for them now a days. I have a Springfield I got from CMP several years ago that I believe I paid $650 for. Got a carbine from CMP at the same time, some of the last one's they had for $500 ish - don't think we'll see that price again!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

I'd like one but don't think I meet all the hoops you are required to jump though. Even by the time I figure everything out the fucking rifles will be out of stock anyway since the CMP allows everyone to buy 12 now.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the heads up. I bought a service grade 2 years ago from them, I may just buy another.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I'd like one but don't think I meet all the hoops you are required to jump though. Even by the time I figure everything out the fucking rifles will be out of stock anyway since the CMP allows everyone to buy 12 now.
    Go to the next gunshow after they become available, you'll see a couple dozen of them for sale complete with the CMP paperwork for $1600 I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Go to the next gunshow after they become available, you'll see a couple dozen of them for sale complete with the CMP paperwork for $1600 I'm sure.
    Yeah that is where they seem to end up. Apparently they really help "civilian marksmanship" that way. Regardless I won't pay that much for one.

(Indiana County)

Yeah that is where they seem to end up. Apparently they really help "civilian marksmanship" that way. Regardless I won't pay that much for one.
    Yeah, it's funny, if I went out and used my C&R to buy a dozen Garands off a private seller and took 11 of them to a gun show and tried to sell them I could get in trouble for being a "dealer" without a license, but the turds that snatch up a dozen rifles from CMP and then have their son and daughter do the same so they can fill a table at a show seem to get a pass.

They really rubbed me the wrong way when they changed their rules.
    Almost like they just wanted to get rid of everything and close up shop.

(Cumberland County)

I joined/signed up many years ago and just send them my updated club membership every year and whenever my license updates and/or ltcf. Still a pain to order by mail and get notarized though for sure. They had a small quantity of carbines last year and by the time I got my order notarized and sent, I was too late. Out the $20 for notarizing and 2 -3 day mail. Sure wish they would update their system.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast