Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: CMP

Turn around was so quick, I got caught on vacation and had to call the CMP when I got the shipping notice. I spoke to a very nice lady who said they were absolutely swamped with orders and were getting them out the door as fast as they could. If memory serves me right, I think my last one I ordered arrived in six weeks and I thought that was speedy.

For future reference you can have fedex ship your rifle to one of their local stores "fedex kinkos" for pick up at your convenience. I'm not sure how long they will hold them for, but that's what I did with my garand that I bought from CMP several years ago because I knew that I wasn't going to be home to sign for it during the scheduled delivery time.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    For future reference you can have fedex ship your rifle to one of their local stores "fedex kinkos" for pick up at your convenience. I'm not sure how long they will hold them for, but that's what I did with my garand that I bought from CMP several years ago because I knew that I wasn't going to be home to sign for it during the scheduled delivery time.
    I'm not so sure that's totally legit?
    Kinkos is not where you live is it?
    They may do it, but I'd bet if you told them it was a firearm they wouldn't because I doubt Kinkos has a FFL.

(Cumberland County)

Looks like CMP has a small batch of .308's now. $ 1,030
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

And according to CMP forum, customer service is telling customers that missed out on the service grade Winchesters that Field grade one's would be offered soon ????
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I'm not so sure that's totally legit?
    Kinkos is not where you live is it?
    They may do it, but I'd bet if you told them it was a firearm they wouldn't because I doubt Kinkos has a FFL.
    I don't think they need an ffl, it's just a package to them. If you're not home to sign for it, you can go into the store and sign for it there, no big deal. I cannot remember if they checked my ID or anything, they probably did but I can't recall.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

FYI, Field grade WRA M1 is now available via mail order at CMP for $830 apiece.

After just getting 2 Garands last week, I am not sure my wallet could handle this...

(Centre County)

What a coincident that there are currently 2 WRA Garands for sale on AIM Surplus' web site. Each comes with a "Korean war era bayonet and scabbard" (i.e. M5 bayonet, available at CMP e-store for $36 each). The asking price is $1595 per rifle.

(Centre County)

CMP's latest offering is a Special Rack Grade WRA (RM1SPCLRACKWRA) for $700 shipped to your door. For those who are unfamiliar with this classification, it is a complete rebuilt of a M1 by CMP armorers; it comes with newly manufactured barrel and wood, based on a refinished "rack grade" WRA receiver.

CMP catalog description:
    CMP Special Rack Grade (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a partially refurbished rifle with a refinished M1 WRA receiver, new production criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver is the only part of the rifle that has been refinished. Remainder of the other parts have NOT been refinished.
    Receiver will have heavy pitting above the wood line.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567