Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Bedside Gun Storage Advice

I have the hornady 2700. It is RFID, Keypad and key accessible. It plugs in with a battery backup. It is large enough for my MP9 2.0 and one magazine. The top is springloaded. I'm really happy with it.

https://www.hornady.com/security/rap...-2600kp-2700kp

(Bucks County)

Bedtime. Hit all but the last of the combo. If needed in a hurry, just hit the remaining code. In the morning, reset it.

(Franklin County)

Just an update.
    I ended up getting the Bulldog Magnum, top loading with RFID. Worked great for awhile then the RFID reader got sketchy. It would work very well for a few swipes, then it would barely work at all for a little while. It got to where I used the combination or key more than the RFID. I had no problems with the combo except forgetting to hit the keypad wake-up button before entering the code a lot. I also didn't care for top loading like I thought I would. It's only a problem where I keep the box at so that's not really a problem with the safe itself.
    Anyway, fast forward a few of months and yesterday I bought a Stack-on drawer QAS 1510. It's front loading with a drawer that automatically opens. That was the main feature I was looking for. No RFID, just three combo buttons and a key. The other requirement I had was the key on the top and not the front of the vault as it's in a nightstand cabinet with a door that stays closed. I couldn't leave the key in the Bulldog because the nightstand door would hit it when closed.
    To be honest I'll probably use the key most. I got it mainly to keep visiting kids away from the gun and we only have kids to the house a couple days a week, the rest of the week I think I'll just leave the key in the safe and use that to open it. If the key breaks off or we forget to put it back after the kids leave it's still got a simple electronic three button combo.
    The Hostler

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Plus 1 on the Gunvault. I've had one for ten years or more and might have replaced the batteries maybe once. It always opens.
    My only (minor) complaint is that if anyone can use a tubular lock pick, it opens even faster than with the pressure pads!
    Affirmative on tube pick. Easiest lock picking ever.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Northampton County)

We have 3 grand kids. In our house the first rule is our bedroom is off limits. No exceptions. Our grown daughter doesn't even go in there without asking permission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12