Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: H.R.2951 BILL TO ALLOW MEMBERS TO CARRY CONCEALED

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    The National Reciprocity Bill is a sham. It says that all states must recognize any state's permit. It also states that all Persons must complaint with the laws of the state to which they travel while concealed carrying. So I go to NJ I can only have FMJ. If NY decised to enact a law that no handgun can be loaded with more than two cartridges, then I can only put two rounds in my ten round magazine. So any state can create a restrictive law that impedes the benefit of concealed carry, and We have to comply. Would the anti 2A states rush to do that? That was not a serious question. Of course they would.
    because we allowed the government to take our right away. and to sculpt and define little cutouts to please the pro gun crowds, national recip. is the best foot in the door to get the 2a back.
    many states will pull various BS and challenge it in court. but again, it gets a foot in the door. right now the door is locked and barred.

if i recall, HP are only illegal in NJ if used to commit a crime, you will be arrested for carrying them because it is the courts problem to sort out if you were breaking a law or not, the cop only needs suspicion that you might have broken one.
    im not a lawyer though, you'll be arrested either way.

with regular recip. agreements, you are already subject to the visiting states laws anyway.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    The National Reciprocity Bill is a sham. It says that all states must recognize any state's permit. It also states that all Persons must complaint with the laws of the state to which they travel while concealed carrying. So I go to NJ I can only have FMJ. If NY decised to enact a law that no handgun can be loaded with more than two cartridges, then I can only put two rounds in my ten round magazine. So any state can create a restrictive law that impedes the benefit of concealed carry, and We have to comply. Would the anti 2A states rush to do that? That was not a serious question. Of course they would.
    The currently most prominent Reciprocity Bill addresses your concerns regarding quantity/type of ammo covered.

H.R.38 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)

(e) In subsection (a):

(2) The term ‘handgun’ includes any magazine for use in a handgun and any ammunition loaded into the handgun or its magazine.
    IANAL

^^ 204 cosigners now

on HR.38

watch it get the 218 cosigners, enough for it to pass house, yet not come up for a vote.
    someone should trip ryan down some stairs.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    Many people make National Reciprocity sound like it will destroy their gun rights. That is just plain foolish. Right now under LESOA active and retired police can carry in all 50 states. It is an improvement for them. Remember if you are a Philadelphia police officer or a Selma Alabama police officer you have no police powers in the other jurisdiction yet you can carry in any state. So the Philly cop in Alabama for all purposes is not a police officer in Alabama. Well those citizens have a right to carry in states in which they have no LEO powers. Now it is time to recognize all people with a license to carry in all states.

It will be an improvement. I am a former LEO and support LEO rights but also citizens with a LTCF, CCW, CWP etc. If you don't want National Reciprocity then don't carry outside of the jurisdiction of where you hold a permit. That is your choice. But the 2A gives us a RIGHT to carry. It is not a privilege. Drivers licenses are accepted in all states. And so should gun permits.
    I was thinking more along the lines of suing for only being allowed to use two bullets
    to protect yourself.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    The currently most prominent Reciprocity Bill addresses your concerns regarding quantity/type of ammo covered.
    Thanks for the update. Good news

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12