Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
The National Reciprocity Bill is a sham. It says that all states must recognize any state's permit. It also states that all Persons must complaint with the laws of the state to which they travel while concealed carrying. So I go to NJ I can only have FMJ. If NY decised to enact a law that no handgun can be loaded with more than two cartridges, then I can only put two rounds in my ten round magazine. So any state can create a restrictive law that impedes the benefit of concealed carry, and We have to comply. Would the anti 2A states rush to do that? That was not a serious question. Of course they would.
because we allowed the government to take our right away. and to sculpt and define little cutouts to please the pro gun crowds, national recip. is the best foot in the door to get the 2a back.
many states will pull various BS and challenge it in court. but again, it gets a foot in the door. right now the door is locked and barred.

if i recall, HP are only illegal in NJ if used to commit a crime, you will be arrested for carrying them because it is the courts problem to sort out if you were breaking a law or not, the cop only needs suspicion that you might have broken one.
im not a lawyer though, you'll be arrested either way.

with regular recip. agreements, you are already subject to the visiting states laws anyway.