Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default H.R.2951 BILL TO ALLOW MEMBERS TO CARRY CONCEALED

Here is an email I sent to Toomey, Casey, Costello.

JULY 12, 2017

H.R.2951, ET AL

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Bill to carrying of concealed handguns by members of Congress and Senators

SECTION 1.
    This bill allows members of Congress & Senators to carry a concealed firearm anywhere in the United States for any lawful purpose, and on air carriers if they completed the training program established under section 44921(c) of title 49.

Our government is “...OF, BY AND FOR THE PEOPLE..., and the Constitution does not provide for a “first and second class of citizens. Therefore, as you know, SCOTUS has refused to hear the right-to-carry firearms outside the home. SCOTUS seems to be living in a bubble and are clueless that over 95 percent of crimes are committed outside the homes. They are snug and safe having their own armed protection 24/7, in and out of their homes, and paid for by the very taxpayers who must fight in state courts for their God given rights to self-defense and leaving to each state their own interpretation of the Constitution to grant, deny or burden the people.

The people are no longer safe in schools, churches, shopping, parks,etc. We, (the law abiding citizens who comprises of millions of vets), who carry, for the most part, are better trained then the police.

Here's the point of my letter. Welcome to the peoples world. I am against politicians making laws for themselves to carry out of the home and against charging the taxpayers to pay for your training, while the people have to fight the state courts Constitutional interpretation of a God given inherent right. If the law is unclear for we the people, then they are unclear for you and everyone else.

Sincerely,

(Delaware County)

Default Re: H.R.2951 BILL TO ALLOW MEMBERS TO CARRY CONCEALED

Concise and to the Fn point...perfect. I give it a thumbs up.

Fill us in on the response.

(Fulton County)

That was an excellent letter you sent to them ideaman. If they really want to carry weapons so badly, then they can simply pass the National Reciprocity bill; problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Here is an email I sent to Toomey, Casey, Costello.

JULY 12, 2017

H.R.2951, ET AL

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Bill to carrying of concealed handguns by members of Congress and Senators

SECTION 1.
    This bill allows members of Congress & Senators to carry a concealed firearm anywhere in the United States for any lawful purpose, and on air carriers if they completed the training program established under section 44921(c) of title 49.

Our government is “...OF, BY AND FOR THE PEOPLE..., and the Constitution does not provide for a “first and second class of citizens. Therefore, as you know, SCOTUS has refused to hear the right-to-carry firearms outside the home. SCOTUS seems to be living in a bubble and are clueless that over 95 percent of crimes are committed outside the homes. They are snug and safe having their own armed protection 24/7, in and out of their homes, and paid for by the very taxpayers who must fight in state courts for their God given rights to self-defense and leaving to each state their own interpretation of the Constitution to grant, deny or burden the people.

The people are no longer safe in schools, churches, shopping, parks,etc. We, (the law abiding citizens who comprises of millions of vets), who carry, for the most part, are better trained then the police.

Here's the point of my letter. Welcome to the peoples world. I am against politicians making laws for themselves to carry out of the home and against charging the taxpayers to pay for your training, while the people have to fight the state courts Constitutional interpretation of a God given inherent right. If the law is unclear for we the people, then they are unclear for you and everyone else.

Sincerely,
    Very well put. I have been against this from when it was first proposed if it were not accompanied by National Reciprocity.

I will start my letter writing campaign now that it is becoming a reality. Even now, the news is reporting the glee of the anti-2A crowd who are applauding the GOP leadership for stalling the National Reciprocity bill. The GOP is committing political suicide with the likes of Ryan and McConnel and McCain pulling the strings. They are more interested in bringing down President Trump, just as much as the leftists, if not more so. If they succeed, do you think for a minute there is going to be a GOP that survives it? I do not. The RINOs will be forced to become Dems and we will have full on dictatorship. The GOP is squandering its golden opportunity here.

(Chester County)

SENATOR TOOMEY REPLIES:
    July 14, 2017

Dear Dominick,

Thank you for contacting me about the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (S. 446). I appreciate hearing from you.

Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of Second Amendment rights. They are of fundamental importance to our nation, and I believe that Americans have a personal, constitutional right to self-protection and to engage in recreational activities involving firearms.

That said, I also believe that firearms should be used responsibly and safely. People who use guns in an illegal manner or harm others with them should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Firearms should be kept out of the hands of convicted criminals and the dangerously mentally ill. That is why in April 2013, I introduced a bipartisan amendment to the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 (S. 649), along with Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV). Our amendment - which fell five votes short of being adopted - had a common sense approach. It largely took Pennsylvania's enhanced background check policies for commercial firearm sales and made them the federal standard. Such enhanced background checks are a constitutional, sensible way to improve public safety by keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the dangerously mentally ill.

Specific to your concerns, Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) introduced the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (S.446) on February 27, 2017. Among its provisions, S. 446 would require states to honor concealed weapons permits issued by another state unless they prohibit the carrying of a concealed firearm. I support concealed carry reciprocity, and was proud to be an original cosponsor of this bill last Congress.

S. 446 is currently pending before the Senate Judiciary Committee. While I am not a member of this committee, please be assured that I will keep your views in mind as S. 446 progresses through the legislative process. Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

MY REPLIES:

Dear Senator Toomey:
    Thank you for your reply concerning the “Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity act (S.446). As a member of more than several 2nd Amendment organizations we also agree as you stated:
    1- We agree. That Americans have a personal, constitutional right to self-protection and to engage in recreational activities involving firearms.”
    2-We agree. Using guns in an illegal manner should be punished to the full extent of the law. We are against plea bargaining crimes committed with firearms.
    3.We agree. Firearms should be kept out of the hands of convicted criminals and dangerously mentally ill.

We do not agree with you your Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013, (S649) “enhanced background check.” Background checks are based on a false premise. Background checks looks backwards. They cannot predict who are the future terrorists, criminals, those who become dangerously mentally ill or the underground / black market. As long proven by the failures of government”s Prohibition act and The War on Drugs, and let's not forget VP Biden reply why there is no punishments for criminals trying to buy a firearm. VP Biden stated “..it's a paper crime and besides we don't have the resources”.

Sincerely,

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    That was an excellent letter you sent to them ideaman. If they really want to carry weapons so badly, then they can simply pass the National Reciprocity bill; problem solved.
    The National Reciprocity Bill is a sham. It says that all states must recognize any state's permit. It also states that all Persons must complaint with the laws of the state to which they travel while concealed carrying. So I go to NJ I can only have FMJ. If NY decised to enact a law that no handgun can be loaded with more than two cartridges, then I can only put two rounds in my ten round magazine. So any state can create a restrictive law that impedes the benefit of concealed carry, and We have to comply. Would the anti 2A states rush to do that? That was not a serious question. Of course they would.

(Carbon County)

Ryan: Gun Reciprocity For All Law-Abiding Citizens, Not Just Congressmen

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/14/ry...t-congressmen/
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by NockDownPower View Post
    Good letter. Fix a few typos though.
    Thanks. I type too fast and check over too fast. Mea Culpa.

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    The National Reciprocity Bill is a sham. It says that all states must recognize any state's permit. It also states that all Persons must complaint with the laws of the state to which they travel while concealed carrying. So I go to NJ I can only have FMJ. If NY decised to enact a law that no handgun can be loaded with more than two cartridges, then I can only put two rounds in my ten round magazine. So any state can create a restrictive law that impedes the benefit of concealed carry, and We have to comply. Would the anti 2A states rush to do that? That was not a serious question. Of course they would.
    I hate lawsuits, but this sounds like the making of a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I hate lawsuits, but this sounds like the making of a good one.
    Many people make National Reciprocity sound like it will destroy their gun rights. That is just plain foolish. Right now under LESOA active and retired police can carry in all 50 states. It is an improvement for them. Remember if you are a Philadelphia police officer or a Selma Alabama police officer you have no police powers in the other jurisdiction yet you can carry in any state. So the Philly cop in Alabama for all purposes is not a police officer in Alabama. Well those citizens have a right to carry in states in which they have no LEO powers. Now it is time to recognize all people with a license to carry in all states.

It will be an improvement. I am a former LEO and support LEO rights but also citizens with a LTCF, CCW, CWP etc. If you don't want National Reciprocity then don't carry outside of the jurisdiction of where you hold a permit. That is your choice. But the 2A gives us a RIGHT to carry. It is not a privilege. Drivers licenses are accepted in all states. And so should gun permits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast