Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mfire View Post
Upon googling, that thing looks kinda neat. I see a lot of negative opinions about ATI though, so I'd probably abstain just based off of that.

I saw your post earlier about the SR22 and I'm leaving heavily towards that being my first pistol, but I probably won't get it until closer to my birthday, which is in November
so is my wife's and iirc i bought it for her as a b-day gift. or christmas... something.
it comes in a variety of frame colors. my favorite is the grey or they do like a grey blue.
i bought it as her carry piece, if she chooses to. but also as a plinking gun for us at the range.
before we had the shotgun, it was also her home defense piece.
.22lr, better than nothing. even better than something she's hesitant to fire (again) like my p-11

ati does have many complaints, but that firefly is cool looking and affordable. as a plinker the quality expected is different than what you put your life on for carry.
whether it's annoyingly unreliable or not, i couldn't tell you. but for the price, if it works ok. i want one.

the ruger mark intrigues me but really looks like a target gun. when i was buying, wasn't in the market for a target gun.

if you decide on a savage rifle (iirc it was mentioned by someone above) i found aguila round nose works well and cheap. any round nose high velocity should avoid some of the savage/stevens feed ramp and cycling issues.