Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Looking for more experience with rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Get a used MKII.

I've had a stainless target model since 1985, and I don't think it's ever hiccuped once with any kind of ammo.

It's super accurate too.
    I'll second this. My mkII is one of, if not my favorite pistol I have to shoot. I have the gov't target models and it'll cut ragged holes if you do your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mfire View Post
    You know, I always forget there is a pretty huge used gun market. I wouldn't mind plinking on something that's been used a bunch while I save to get something I really, really want. Do you think armslist would be best for something like that?
    I'd avoid armslist, especially if you're new to guns/buying used. Way to many scammers on there IMHO. Gun broker or Guns American ate both better I think. You can also peruse the classifieds here and see what's available. I've yet to have a bad transaction through here. Another option would be to wait for a gun show to come around. You'll get to see a shit ton of used stuff to pick from at some of the larger ones.

(Allegheny County)

Big fan of the Ruger MK series. AR15 in .22 is a lot of fun. I'd opt for a standard AR lower with a .22 upper. Then later on you can swap out the .22 upper with a .223 upper and have two rifles!
    I'm also a fan of any .22 with a tubular mag (like the Marlin Model 60). I've been considering getting a Henry Lever Action in .22 after shooting my buddies. Lots of plinking fun with one of those!
    Toujours prêt

(Bucks County)

I am currently competing in Steel Challenge and PA Steel League with a S&W Victory. I have made some modifications to make it more of a race gun, but I also have a 2nd Victory that I use as a backup and that one is still stock, for the most part. For plinking and what-not, the Victory is great. I do well with it in competition as well. There are some other changes I would like to make to reduce the weight, but that is more for the competition side of things.

Previously I had a Beretta Neos. Weird-looking and the iron sights kinda sucked, but it was fun to shoot and very accurate.

I also have a S&W 15-22. That rifle is just awesome. About to make some modification to that one and adding it to the competition repertoire.

If you click the link in my sig, it will take you to my YouTube page. Some good videos of the Victory in action.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

I got a mint all steel Bersa 223A on Gunbroker a few years ago. It looked like it had like two shots down the barrel.

It only liked Remington golden bullets until it broke in. Now it runs great with anything.

image.jpg

I've heard good things about the victory but never shot one. They kinda look like a MKII and a beluga whale mated and had offspring.

(Bucks County)

I love my M&P 22 Compact... bonus is it comes threaded, so it's easy to accessorize:

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Montgomery County)

A lot of good points in this thread guys, thank you. I'm so indecisive haha. There's also a $99 Heritage Rough Rider on sale right now and I'm fighting with myself whether or not I should buy it. Aghhhh too many choices and not enough money or time.

(Delaware County)

All the peoples choices above are good. If you want a pistol, Buckmark, Ruger Mark IV (Easy to clean)or S&W Victory (Easier to Clean) 22 powder is dirtier than center fired for some reason, I huess to keep price down.
    Ruger rifles and Savage rifles are great. I'd go with red dot from the start.

But eventually you will own each of them.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    All the peoples choices above are good. If you want a pistol, Buckmark, Ruger Mark IV (Easy to clean)or S&W Victory (Easier to Clean) 22 powder is dirtier than center fired for some reason, I huess to keep price down.
    Ruger rifles and Savage rifles are great. I'd go with red dot from the start.

But eventually you will own each of them.
    I actually started my collection with a 10/22. I kinda want to enter the AR platform with Ruger as well. Definitely want one of the Mark pistols, and eventually would like a nice collection of rimfire guns

anyone own a ati gsg firefly? whatever they're called?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    anyone own a ati gsg firefly? whatever they're called?
    Upon googling, that thing looks kinda neat. I see a lot of negative opinions about ATI though, so I'd probably abstain just based off of that.

I saw your post earlier about the SR22 and I'm leaving heavily towards that being my first pistol, but I probably won't get it until closer to my birthday, which is in November

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast