Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up GOA Alert: Contact Congressmen to cosponsor SHUSH Act - Deregulate sound suppressors

If you aren't aware yet, there is a new bill, “Silencers Helping Us Save Hearing Act” or SHUSH Act, introduced in both the house and senate to remove sound suppressors from the purview of the NFA and other federal regulation. From my understanding, this bill is arguably better than the Hearing Protection Act, since this bill would treat suppressors simply as firearm accessories, rather than as Title 1 firearms. This is appropriate since they are nothing more than mufflers.

Gun Owners of America sent out this alert today to try to make some noise on these bills and get cosponsors. The Hearing Protection Act currently has 154 cosponsors in the house. If either of these bills passed, that would be a significant improvement. Let's keep making noise so that we can all save our hearing.

As you know, Gun Owners of America strongly opposes all types of gun control -- including the National Firearms Act and the NICS background check system.

And now there’s a bill that will deal a major blow to both of those ugly marks on the Second Amendment.

Senators Mike Lee and Mike Crapo, along with Representative Steve King introduced the “Silencers Helping Us Save Hearing Act” or SHUSH Act in both Senate and House (S. 1505 and H.R. 3139).

But you may be thinking: Isn’t there already a suppressor bill in Congress? Yes, there is. It’s the Hearing Protection Act which was has been introduced back in January in Congress for a few sessions.

But the new SHUSH Act expands firearm freedom further than the Hearing Protection Act ever did.

The SHUSH Act would not only remove suppressors from the NFA, but it would legally treat suppressors as a firearm accessory, which means – meaning you could buy a suppressor as you could buy a scope --– without a background check.

The fact is that suppressors are little more than elaborate metal tubes. There is no reason -- other than blind hatred of gun owners -- why these devices should be regulated at all.

So let’s make some noise on Capitol Hill about the SHUSH Act. Contact your senators and representative to urge them to cosponsors S. 1505 and H.R. 3139.
    Please click the link below to use the GOA email system to send a pre-written letter and call or write your congressmen!

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=374113
    Last edited by buckengr; July 11th, 2017 at 11:57 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

Default Re: GOA Alert: Contact Congressmen to cosponsor SHUSH Act - Deregulate sound suppress

Good post. I already did the link when I was on Facebook. Spread the word, bump.

(Fulton County)

Default Re: GOA Alert: Contact Congressmen to cosponsor SHUSH Act - Deregulate sound suppress

Thanks for posting this link, I did my part and sent my emails. Hopefully GOA will also send some postcards to their members as well.

(Chester County)

Sent it!

(Delaware County)

Sent yesterday.

Done, even though it went to Casey and Toomey.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Done, even though it went to Casey and Toomey.
    Me, too. I can't help but think it was a waste of electrons, particularly with Casey.