Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Locating Components

Hello again, I've been working a lot and haven't had a whole lot of time to shoot but I am looking into reloading for my American Enfield in '06. I've been shooting Core Lokt 150's and I don't feel like being tied to a store as much as I am now. My main thing now is trying to get the "hazardous" components locally without having to buy online and paying a premium for shipping.

I have roughly 30 spent casings, once fired from my rifle, and I still have about 30 rounds of live ammo so brass is covered for the amount I shoot but I live in Carbondale, northeast of Scranton and work in Wilkes-Barre, besides Gander Mountain which is closing up shop, does anyone here know where I can get powder and primers locally? I go up to Binghampton on a regular basis, so even if it's up further on I81 it's ok.

I know there's Cabela's but they're about 2 hours away from me and I hardly ever go that way so it's REALLY out of the way. I have no idea where Bass Pro is or if they even sell reloading supplies but Midway and Brownell's are asking a decent amount for shipping and I am trying to keep costs down so any help would be greatly appreciated

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Locating Components

Guntoters supply in eynon
    Advanced arms in Pittston had some. There is also piestraks and I believe there is a store that specializes in reloading in the area

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Guntoters supply in eynon
    Advanced arms in Pittston had some. There is also piestraks and I believe there is a store that specializes in reloading in the area
    Thanks for the input Nathan. I'll try and get there Friday or Sunday. I'll be in Rhode Island Saturday so that's out unless I can find someplace out there

(Montgomery County)

Do you already have a press?
    For your expected volume I suggest an economical single stage press.
    Anything more and it may be uneconomical

Not sure how far you are from Prompton but Heberlings Sport shop has a bunch of reloading supplies. Prices are reasonable.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lackawanna County)

Dont have a press yet, I planned on buying a Lee Classic Hand Loader since I don't shoot a whole lot and it's miniscule footprint means I can use it anywhere so long as I have a hard surface and a hammer or mallet. If I start shooting a lot more then I'll get a regular single stage press

(Lackawanna County)

I pass Prompton every time I go to the range in Dyberry. I've meant to stop in but something else always pops up.

(Cumberland County)

I still use the lee loaders from time to time. They are a very good way to get started on the cheap. One thing I would suggest is to buy a scale and a dial caliper.

(Lackawanna County)

I planned on getting one of the digital scales and I already have several sets of digital calipers (one of the perks of being a mechanic). Everything I read about the Lee Hand Loaders has said they're great for small batch reloading or reloading at the range to fine tune a load. I'm not looking for match grade accuracy, just Minute of Deer Heart for quick, clean dispatching of ever so tasty venison. I also plan on using your run of mill soft point rounds in the 150-165gr range so it's easy on the shoulder and can still dispatch a deer at PA ranges. IF I go for bear or elk, I'll swap out for a heavier pill. Hell, I could even light load (maybe down to 110gr varmint) so that my wife can have a go and see it's not so bad and after a while I'll throw a full power load in there once she gets used to more of a kick than the little 22 I have her plinking with now

(Bucks County)

Finding a 110 projectile that remains stable at varmint range may prove challenging.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast