Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Looking for Opinions Skeet Shotgun 12 GA

Quote Originally Posted by Raystown View Post
    My buddy Roger took me out for some skeet shooting this past Saturday, my first time shooting skeet. WOW was that some fun !! ... Started looking around for a skeet 12ga shotgun. Would use either a pump or a semi, but am leaning towards a semi. We used his Remington 1100 Semi, that was a blast to shoot. Looking for some advise, opinions on some options. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, Brian
    I'm in the same boat. I've just started getting into Trap & Skeet with the hopes of eventually trying Sporting Clays. Ive made the decision on getting a semi - Benelli Montefeltro - and hopefully picking one up tomorrow. I currently have a Benelli M1 Super 90, my first semi auto shotgun, and love it.

(Perry County)

I had a Beretta 686 that I still kick myself for selling. It fit me like a custom gun and was a blast for shooting trap. I also really liked ejecting the hulls into my hand and dropping them in the pouch.

Besides...you look like a piker if you're out there with something that doesn't break open.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Are you sure we're talking skeet and not trap? I can't imagine anyone that has shot skeet considering a pump.

For skeet you want a semi, or O/U, even a side by side. The shorter the barrel the better and nearly open chokes.
    Last edited by God's Country; July 25th, 2017 at 09:18 PM.

Just picked up a Benelli Montefeltro Sport - 30" bbl

IMG_0550.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12