Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Default Ghost Firearms Training Lewistown?

Anyone here been to Ghost Firearms Training held in Lewistown? I just got squeezed in for their September 8-9 Long Range Precision 1 course there.

Default Re: Ghost Firearms Training Lewistown?

Nope, too much $$$ for my current wallet. I do however belong to the range where the classes are held. Enjoy it, nice range.

(Wayne County)

Was invited for August class but cant make it. Trying to get there at the end of October. $600 not a lot of money for two days of fun.

(Northumberland County)

I completed Long Range Precision 1 this past weekend with Ghost. I can't say enough good about them. Guy (Jackson) and his crew are awesome. I can't wait to go back again.

(Bucks County)

I took their class at the beginning of August, honestly it was a great class and I had a lot of fun shooting those two days. I had already taken a long range shooting class and had the basics down so I was a big fan of the numerous competitions that they did. It added a different dynamic to the class other than simply laying prone and hitting the target.

One piece of advice, when you shoot the final Know Your Limits comp make sure you shoot targets you are comfortable hitting. Getting 3 lower point targets is better than 2 higher point hits and a miss.

Additionally don't think that you won't succeed in the class without a custom rifle chambered in the latest 6mm cartridge. Most of the people on the line were running regular production guns (Ruger Precision Rifle, Rem 700, Savage, Sako) and most were doing very well. Class was pretty much split between either .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor with me being the odd man out with my .300 Win Mag.

I would highly recommend taking their class if you are into long range shooting, I plan on going next year with a group of 3 others to get them out past 600 yards.