Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gemtech sold to S&W

They will definitely benefit from Julie Golob doing ads with them.

(Bucks County)

If S&W fixes Gemtech's abysmal warranty/customer service then maybe I will actually buy one!

(Juniata County)

In a story that’s worthy of the ‘BREAKING’ tag, Massachusetts based firearms manufacturer Smith & Wesson has purchased Idaho Silencer manufacturer GEMTECH. With details slim at the moment, there are obviously a lot of unanswered questions. However, the new GEMTECH headquarters building in Meridian, Idaho is still on schedule as well as all current product development and manufacturing capabilities.

Rumors of the sale had been floating for a few weeks, but with the announcement now official, I look forward to additional information as it becomes available. GEMTECH has been a leader in the silencer industry for decades – a trend I’d personally like to see continue for years to come.

Follow the The Firearm Blog Suppressors Channel
    GEMTECH SOLD TO SMITH & WESSON

The Official Statement from Ron Martinez, CEO of GEMTECH:

Gemtech, the World’s Leader in Silencers, now has the backing of the most powerful company in the firearms industry: Smith & Wesson. Combined with the outstanding companies of American Outdoor Brands Corporation, this strengthens the decades old team that is Gemtech.

ABOUT GEMTECH:

Gemini Technologies, known as Gemtech, began as a super group of already leading silencer designers with roots in the silencer business going back to 1976. With decades of experience, innovation, quality, honest business ethics and a customer first attitude, Gemtech has grown to the world’s leading silencer company.

Gemtech sold

ABOUT SMITH & WESSON:

The accomplishments of Smith & Wesson are so numerous that it is impossible to understand the history of modern handguns without first understanding the history of Smith & Wesson. Smith & Wesson was an industry leader in 1852 when it was first founded and continues to lead the world today with innovations into the 21st century.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamo1231 View Post
    If S&W fixes Gemtech's abysmal warranty/customer service then maybe I will actually buy one!
    That's funny I had a waranty issue that was completely my fault. I called them and worked out the details for the repair. Sent my can in and received a call for payment I wanted to add on some swag so they transferred me to sales.

When I said what I wanted to tack on the sales rep responded would you mind if we threw in the other color too? When I said I appreciated the gesture he said matter of fact hold on a second. A few seconds went by and he said ok there's some other stuff in the box as well. You'll have to check your invoice for the list.

They threw in hats battle flags and a bunch of stuff for no reason. I'd say that's pretty damn good customer service.