Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question Best places to live for hunting and shooting on my own property.

Just signed up for the forum and hope to be living in PA soon.

Want to get out of New Jersey so I can have the right to defend myself and my family.

We've been looking in Schuylkill county and in the Allentown and Reading areas for a house with nice property and good schools.
    Trying to find 5 -10 acres or better with a nice house for the family.
    I'd like to be able to hunt and shoot (safely of coarse) on my own property.
    I have no issue with creating a range with a backstop area for target practice.

Are there any areas where this is restricted.
    Sounds like there are lots of people moving to PA and trying to bring their gun fearing values with them.
    I've tried looking at town and county ordinances for each interesting property but I figured I'd ask the folks with the experience of living here.

I appreciate any guidance

thanks
    Dom4freedom

Default Re: Best places to live for hunting and shooting on my own property.

I really have no advice for you other than what you already mentioned. It's usually a township/boro/city ordinance that prohibits hunting or discharge of firearms. General rule of thumb, the more rural you are the less rules they have.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    I really have no advice for you other than what you already mentioned. It's usually a township/boro/city ordinance that prohibits hunting or discharge of firearms. General rule of thumb, the more rural you are the less rules they have.

Ordinances against hunting are not valid. The state preempts hunting the same as it does firearms. As long as you are following all game laws then you can hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post

Ordinances against hunting are not valid. The state preempts hunting the same as it does firearms. As long as you are following all game laws then you can hunt.
    Yeah you're right, I knew that but forgot about it. I know a place that still has an ordinance or some kind of rule in place, but it's only effective because the land that's available to hunt is owned by the township.