Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Re: In what position do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I usually mexican carry my 1911. Condition zero with the grip safety pinned and the trigger guard Dremeled off.
    Sgt Safety of the Darwin Patrol checked in!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Lancaster County)

3-6 o'clock

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    I do actually shift my Shield around a little to sit for long periods. That's the beauty of having a belt clip vs a holster.

For walking around though, it's appendix for me always.
    I don't want my gun behind me if I'm grappling with someone or trying to fend off blows or cover my vitals. It's just much closer to where my hands usually are.

In the car, the Shield sometimes goes in my center compartment between the seats. I can open it and be armed in not much more than a second.
    What FJW says above is fairly common as far as putting holsters in different positions, adjusting throughout the day, adjusting due to activity, unholstering in car to better be able to draw it if needed. And i would add a couple more such as storing off body at work, havimg to remove in bathroom and place on toilet or inside your shorts etc

This is all fairly common but you can imagine some of the negatives to all this. My point being is to put thought into all these situations and how the type of holster and position you pick will be effected. The more comfortable you are the more consistent you will be

(Butler County)

I usually mexican carry my 1911. Condition zero with the grip safety pinned and the trigger guard Dremeled off.
    It's ok. I understand.

(Montgomery County)

Speaking of which, I haven't heard from the AZ folks in awhile. Are they still around?

(Erie County)

Usually seated. I'm lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

I carry at 3 o'clock. With a good holster, carrying all day isn't a problem. Mine is a minimalist I make myself. I changed my wardrobe a little in that I now wear an undershirt T shirt everyday. I keep the t shirt tucked in and wear some kind of shirt over it. In the summer it's shorts and just a t shirt over. Colder weather is jeans and a flannel or sweatshirt.

I have an LC9s as well and it carries great this same way. I don't wear much of a belt. The one in the picture is a Bison Design lightweight 1 1/4". I have their 1 1/2" last change belt. It's heavy duty and stiff, but too much belt for me for everyday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Tioga County)

I was in a store for some hardware that has started servicing boats. They also have western and horse stuff. The cheap Walmart belt I was wearing was giving out. I wasn't packing that day as I had been up in NYS. I picked up a Carhartt belt. It's rather thick and stiff. Seems to work well as a gun belt. Not too pricey.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I was in a store for some hardware that has started servicing boats. They also have western and horse stuff. The cheap Walmart belt I was wearing was giving out. I wasn't packing that day as I had been up in NYS. I picked up a Carhartt belt. It's rather thick and stiff. Seems to work well as a gun belt. Not too pricey.
    I use an East German military belt identical to this one as my gun belt, got for about $8 on eBay. il_570xN.372741303_m2bp.jpg

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspear View Post
    Total noob question
    I am new to CC, I have an Alien Gear IWB Cloak Tuck 3.0 and a Ruger LC9S. I just started carrying around the house to get used to the feeling and am trying to find the best position for myself. Currently, I am right-handed and around 3 o'clock seems to feel pretty good; much further back (say 4 or 4:30) and it seems hard to get my hand on the gun and even harder to reholster. Also, I'm guessing tighter on the belt is better?
    Thanks for any opinions!
    Hi Sunspear and welcome to PAFOA.
    As I am sure is obvious by now, carry position and other details can be very personal and specific to your need.
    Your belt is 1.5 inches so it's probably good for most belt carry.
    Your holster is pretty meaty for your carry gun which is fairly small, the more substantial holsters are usually for larger frame guns, but use it if you like it.
    You may find it is more comfortable for you to carry with a smaller, softer, leather or nylon inside the waistband clip holster.
    If you have no experience, then please, please, get some training before you carry.
    I generally recommend that people find one way they are comfortable carrying, and then get some proper training to carry, draw, and fire from that position.
    Most indoor ranges are open to the public without membership, and can offer training.
    I generally recommend a minimum of 10 hours of professional training for people new to shooting and carry.
    Best of luck to you, be safe, and please let us know how it's going, or if you have any questions.
    Berncly-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast