Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: In what position do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspear View Post
    I am right-handed and around 3 o'clock seems to feel pretty good; much further back (say 4 or 4:30) and it seems hard to get my hand on the gun and even harder to reholster. Also, I'm guessing tighter on the belt is better?
    Many discharges occur while reholstering whether that being a finger on the trigger or something getting caught in the trigger guard. I suggest using a position that allows you to fully watch for any obstructions while reholstering.

As for a belt you want to looking into gun belts and not something that buckles and pulls where the gun is holstered. Most gun belts are two layers sewn together but there are some that are all one piece but thicker than normal

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Many discharges occur while reholstering whether that being a finger on the trigger or something getting caught in the trigger guard. I suggest using a position that allows you to fully watch for any obstructions while reholstering.
    Absolutely! That's one big thing that concerns me about not being able to clearly see the pocket in the holster if it's too far back.

As for a belt you want to looking into gun belts and not something that buckles and pulls where the gun is holstered. Most gun belts are two layers sewn together but there are some that are all one piece but thicker than normal
    I actually like the belt I bought, feels very sturdy. I'm just used to having my belt looser and trying to adjust to having it tighter; right now, belt and holster feel pretty good.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Not familiar with it, but seems decent enough. Sounds like you may be just a little in between sizes of the holes. As long as it's comfortable it should be fine. If it pulls the but in that'll help conceal a little better. A lc9s shouldn't print much to begin with anyways.
    LOL, it doesn't but, since I'm new to this, I feel like there's a sign on me that points to the gun... Although I did go out to the grocery store and no one stared or pointed (yes, I do already have my permit) :-)

(Berks County)

I actually like the belt I bought, feels very sturdy. I'm just used to having my belt looser and trying to adjust to having it tighter; right now, belt and holster feel pretty good.
    My fault, I miss-read your initial question about belts but similarly you want to make sure its tight enough that all the weight isnt sagging to a single point. Having it tighter will help distribute the weight. With that said, I prefer shoulder holsters

(Montgomery County)

My fault, I miss-read your initial question about belts but similarly you want to make sure its tight enough that all the weight isnt sagging to a single point. Having it tighter will help distribute the weight. With that said, I prefer shoulder holsters
    Fortunately, or unfortunately for my wife, I don't dress up (i.e. - wear a sport coat/suit) that much anymore; it always seemed to me shoulder holster would be very comfortable. Mostly, I'm trying IWB for the summer; I have an OWB holster I want to try as well.

(Berks County)

Fortunately, or unfortunately for my wife, I don't dress up (i.e. - wear a sport coat/suit) that much anymore; it always seemed to me shoulder holster would be very comfortable. Mostly, I'm trying IWB for the summer; I have an OWB holster I want to try as well.
    Im hardly a fashionable dresser. I just cover it up with button down type shirts like denims, flannels etc

(Lehigh County)

Doesn't looking at the holster while reholstering invite possible threats from bad guys ?
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Normally I open carry. When I conceal I carry in the same position about 3:30 with a forward leaning cant to the holster. It's just something you need to play with until it feels right. My usual open carry is a 1911. My conceal one is a Sig P238 EQ. Sometimes when it feels right I open carry my Springfield XD.

Where I live open carry is no big deal. I have been open carry for over 17 years and the number of complaints could be counted on one hand with fingers missing.
    Just showing off are ya?
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Montgomery County)

Im hardly a fashionable dresser. I just cover it up with button down type shirts like denims, flannels etc
    Wow! I didn't think it would work with denim/flannel; do you keep shirts unbuttoned, with t-shirt under?

(Lycoming County)

LOL, it doesn't but, since I'm new to this, I feel like there's a sign on me that points to the gun... Although I did go out to the grocery store and no one stared or pointed (yes, I do already have my permit) :-)
    That's pretty normal at first. The reality is almost no one will notice, even if you do print. I'm amazed at the number of people who have told me they didn't notice I was carrying, when I open carry. When I do conceal, it's usually with an owb holster and I know it prints a little. Almost nobody notices that. People are pretty much oblivious anymore. Hell just trying to get someone to look up from their phone to give you eye contact when you're speaking can be a stretch anymore. As you get more comfortable carrying, you'll see it too.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast