Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Charges dropped for carrying concealed on School Property....

I've heard people argue holding a CCW and being on school property made you exempt, but I never actually heard anyone doing it and not getting charged until now.....

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-ne...ool-are-tossed

(Butler County)

Default Re: Charges dropped for carrying concealed on School Property....

There was another case some years ago in Pennsylvania where a guy attended an adult education course held at night in an elementary school. He got into a conversation about firearms with someone, and the idiot ended up bragging about his own handgun which was locked up in his car. The other party snitched on him right away and the cops were waiting for him outside after class. He was arrested, went to court, yada-yada....and this too was thrown out. He did have a LTCF. This guy obviously was a moron to share his little secret. Still, P.A. courts sided with him and apparently honored the "for other lawful purpose clause".

Seems there is some strong precedent power brewing in Pennsylvania for this type of case.
    In both these cases the defendent obviously did not have all his nuts and bolts screwed on tightly and exhibited loose and questionable judgement and management of his carry habits.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    There was another case some years ago in Pennsylvania where a guy attended an adult education course held at night in an elementary school. He got into a conversation about firearms with someone, and the idiot ended up bragging about his own handgun which was locked up in his car. The other party snitched on him right away and the cops were waiting for him outside after class. He was arrested, went to court, yada-yada....and this too was thrown out. He did have a LTCF. This guy obviously was a moron to share his little secret. Still, P.A. courts sided with him and apparently honored the "for other lawful purpose clause".

Seems there is some strong precedent power brewing in Pennsylvania for this type of case.
    In both these cases the defendent obviously did not have all his nuts and bolts screwed on tightly and exhibited loose and questionable judgement and management of his carry habits.
    I'm pretty sure there's a member here that's intimately familiar with that case.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    I've heard people argue holding a CCW and being on school property made you exempt, but I never actually heard anyone doing it and not getting charged until now.....

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-ne...ool-are-tossed
    Lets review. He was charged. The DA has now withdrawn the charges.

After already wasting large amounts of tax payer money prosecuting a black man for daring to be armed the DA is not because they are going to lose. I hope the man files suit for a civil rights violation under federal law.

Pennsylvania does not have a CCW permit. We have a License to Carry Firearms.

If you have a LTCF, you can carry on a school if you have a lawful purpose. For most people this would be self defense.

http://fairlielaw.net/weapons-permit...awful-purpose/
    http://fairlielaw.net/weapons-permit...awful-purpose/

Additionally, the law the senate passed has many anti-gun amendments, and you should be contacting your representatives to oppose it.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Now, wait just one damned minute now...
    what about the CHILDRENSSS???
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a member here that's intimately familiar with that case.
    Interesting! It was probably an old PAFOA thread I got that from.
    Well, sorry to use such derogatory slurrs....but I really don't get people who have to be so bragadocio. Literally tempting fate! On purpose! Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post

I handled that case, which ended in an acquittal. The client (who is also a member here, and is well over age 21) is far from being an idiot, and did nothing at all wrong in the case. He had an LTCF, both he and the ex-con who he spoke with were in VoTech classes aimed at getting police-type accreditation or degrees, and the next semester they were scheduled for live-fire work at the range, as part of the school program.

The woman he spoke with told him that she didn't have a gun, so it would be a problem for her since the written course materials required them to provide their own gun and ammo. What she DIDN'T tell him was that she couldn't have a gun because she was still on probation for stealing from her prior employer.

He offered to show her his gun during a break. She promptly dimed him out to the school, in an effort to get brownie points from her P.O.

He did nothing wrong, the only reason it went to court is because MontCo cops and the MontCo DA's office seem to have been infected by the Philadelphia notion that the little people shouldn't have guns, and they all need to be put in their place when they have the audacity to exercise a fundamental, enumerated right. Fortunately, MontCo still has some good CP judges.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

So the other lawful purpose defense is catching steam...

Any other ongoing cases/verdicts to establish precedence? Perhaps eventually enough to avoid arrest in the first place?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Now, wait just one damned minute now...
    what about the CHILDRENSSS???

What about them? What the libtards have been pushing for the last 20+ years (gun free zones, unicorns, rainbows, etc.) isn't working, so maybe it's time that we try something different; something that has a proven track record of working - a good guy with a gun that is at the right place at the right time.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I handled that case, which ended in an acquittal. The client (who is also a member here, and is well over age 21) is far from being an idiot, and did nothing at all wrong in the case. He had an LTCF, both he and the ex-con who he spoke with were in VoTech classes aimed at getting police-type accreditation or degrees, and the next semester they were scheduled for live-fire work at the range, as part of the school program.

The woman he spoke with told him that she didn't have a gun, so it would be a problem for her since the written course materials required them to provide their own gun and ammo. What she DIDN'T tell him was that she couldn't have a gun because she was still on probation for stealing from her prior employer.

He offered to show her his gun during a break. She promptly dimed him out to the school, in an effort to get brownie points from her P.O.

He did nothing wrong, the only reason it went to court is because MontCo cops and the MontCo DA's office seem to have been infected by the Philadelphia notion that the little people shouldn't have guns, and they all need to be put in their place when they have the audacity to exercise a fundamental, enumerated right. Fortunately, MontCo still has some good CP judges.
    So they were required to have firearms for the class which was at the school?

I seem to remember someone specifically saying it was an elementary school. We might be talking about different cases then. Or someone else may have warped the story a bit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast