Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm luger

Default Re: 9mm luger

Everything I have read said to load plated between the max for lead and the max for FMJ. I don't know why anyone uses Berrys bullets. You can buy FMJ Precision Delta cheaper with free shipping. Blue bullets are even cheaper.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Washington County)

I agree, Blue Bullets for the win. Coupon code TRIANGLE for 5% off. I used to use Berry's and switch to Blue Bullets to save money and the performance is the same to me.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Arrow Re: 9mm luger

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Everything I have read said to load plated between the max for lead and the max for FMJ. I don't know why anyone uses Berrys bullets. You can buy FMJ Precision Delta cheaper with free shipping. Blue bullets are even cheaper.
    [

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIER WEBSITE SO I CAN LOOK THEM UP ?

(Allegheny County)

WHAT IS THIER CALLED SO I CAN LOOK THEM UP ?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    WHAT IS THIER CALLED SO I CAN LOOK THEM UP ?
    Www.thebluebullets.com

Www.precisiondelta.com

If you order enough, they offer free shipping.

(Tioga County)

I just use Hornady or Speer FMJ bullets. Right now what I have in inventory cost me 6 or 7 cents a bullet. The trick is that these bullets only go on sale in bulk a few times a year so you have to watch the sales every day and be ready to pounce when it happens. I usually buy 3 to 5 thousand bullets at a time.

(Chester County)

Precision delta bullets are not particularly cheap. Xtreme offers 1000 115gr 9mm for $79.20. RMR offers them for about the same price. Precision delta asks $109/1000
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    . . . I don't know why anyone uses Berrys bullets. You can buy FMJ Precision Delta cheaper with free shipping. Blue bullets are even cheaper.
    Prompted by this, I looked at the respective web sites today:

Precision Delta 9mm FMJ 115gr = $108.00/k
    Berry's 9mm Plated 115gr = $93.13/k (Shipping free on orders over $75)
    Xtreme 9mm Plated 115gr = $79.20/k
    Blue Bullets 9mm Coated 115gr = $72.00/k

So, depending on shipping and sales taxes (if applicable) Berrys, Xtreme, and Blue all appear to be cheaper than Precision Delta FMJ. Of course, sales can affect pricing . . . Xtreme often offers sales and free shipping, Berrys also has sales and the bullets are often on sale at Midway and other places for lower prices.

So why use Berrys?

Ny pistols loads are either at or well under the speed of sound. Berrys are cheaper than FMJ, the bottom of the bullet shows no exposed lead, they have been very consistent for me, and they shoot better for me than Xtreme bullets do. For the record, I still have several thousand of both Berrys and Xtreme on hand and both are acceptable. There are probably others.

Finally, I don't know what is in the GSR when firing powder coated bullets, I don't care for their appearance lol, and I don't think they are worth saving $7.00/k.

Of course, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboxer View Post
    Prompted by this, I looked at the respective web sites today:

Precision Delta 9mm FMJ 115gr = $108.00/k
    Berry's 9mm Plated 115gr = $93.13/k (Shipping free on orders over $75)
    Xtreme 9mm Plated 115gr = $79.20/k
    Blue Bullets 9mm Coated 115gr = $72.00/k

So, depending on shipping and sales taxes (if applicable) Berrys, Xtreme, and Blue all appear to be cheaper than Precision Delta FMJ. Of course, sales can affect pricing . . . Xtreme often offers sales and free shipping, Berrys also has sales and the bullets are often on sale at Midway and other places for lower prices.

So why use Berrys?

Ny pistols loads are either at or well under the speed of sound. Berrys are cheaper than FMJ, the bottom of the bullet shows no exposed lead, they have been very consistent for me, and they shoot better for me than Xtreme bullets do. For the record, I still have several thousand of both Berrys and Xtreme on hand and both are acceptable. There are probably others.

Finally, I don't know what is in the GSR when firing powder coated bullets, I don't care for their appearance lol, and I don't think they are worth saving $7.00/k.

Of course, YMMV.
    Here's the link to Precision Delta. 115 gr FMJ if you buy 2k you get free shipping and they are $83/1000. $10 cheaper than Berry's and they are FMJ. Like I said, I don't know why anyone buys Berrys.

https://www.precisiondelta.com/produ...mj-case-1-000/

Blue bullets if you buy a large flat rate shipping box full (3900 bullets) you get free shipping This comes out to $63/1000 if you are a Brian Enos Forum member you can get an additional 5% off which brings it down to $60/1000. I went in with another guy and ordered 11k and we got a promo code for 10% off. That's $56.70/ 1000.

http://www.thebluebullets.com/product-p/mfr-115-9.htm

Only negative about the Blue Bullets is blue smurf fingers every time you reload or load magazines. The prices of all of these manufacturers are pretty close. It just depends how much you shoot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12