Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Arrow red dot on carbine

I need some help understanding how to adjust this thing. I have a high point carbine in 9 mm which is super accurate. Can somebody tell me how to adjust this thing. It's a BSA red dot, the elevation as an arrow that points counterclockwise in the windage arrow points clockwise. I looked on YouTube and got more confused than ever. To hit the bull's-eye, I have to aim about 3 inches above and 2 inches to the right. How do I bring it down and over. I would like to know what I'm doing when I hit the range because, their always busy and noisy and full of interruptions.

Thanks for the help. Joe

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: red dot on carbine

Start with a paper target and sight it in like any other scope - adjust windage and elevation as necessary until your hole is in the center of the paper. Personally, I would sight it in to be about 2" high at 50 yards.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Lehigh County)

Last edited by gghbi; July 5th, 2017 at 03:58 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lancaster County)

Joey,
    I hate to tell you, but I literally just threw mine in the the trash. It was inexpensive, and on sale, so I got it ... Even with dry firing, the thing would not hold zero, you could see the dot move as the trigger went click. Hopefully yours will stay true, and adjusting it will put it on target...

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Joey,
    I hate to tell you, but I literally just threw mine in the the trash. It was inexpensive, and on sale, so I got it ... Even with dry firing, the thing would not hold zero, you could see the dot move as the trigger went click. Hopefully yours will stay true, and adjusting it will put it on target...

Cb
    The Russian red dot i have on my AK is very accurate. I can tell because it puts multiple shots through the same 7.62mm hole at 50yds... or I can see several shots imposed iver one another anyway.

But I am also having trouble adjusting mine. It takes a whole lot of clicks to make a noticeable difference. And the 3 shot limit for rifle mags they have at the SGL ranges doesnt help matters much. i need to invest in a spotting scope too. Ive been using binoculars which arent ideal.

(Cumberland County)

Put your carbine in a vice or something to hold it still. Line up your factory sights on a fixed spot approximately 20 feet or so away from the muzzle. Put your sight on the rifle and turn it on. Turn the Allen screws to meat the fixed spot. Then all you will need is fine tuning and you will know what direction to turn them.

(Bucks County)

Or vice it, fire one shot, and move the dot over to the POI.