Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Doe license applications accepted July 10th

Awarded!

The website shows when the WMU sold out last year, so easy to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    I'm not going to mail mine in till Thursday. I want to prove a point to a group of guys I work with. They seem to think that you won't get one if you don't mail it out on friday. Lol. 4b has never sold out in the first round. I've done it before and always got my doe tag.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Our resident license fee is still the best bang for the buck out there.
    Let's see:

Georgia: $30 for hunting and fishing license combo--includes EVERYTHING except alligator ($75) and migratory bird ($5)
    Tennessee: $34 for hunting and fishing combo -- add big game $34, archery another $34. That's it.
    Indiana: $25 for hunting and fishing combo -- add deer $24, turkey $24.
    Kentucky: $30 for hunting and fishing combo -- add deer $35 (gets ya two), turkey $30, migratory bird $15.
    Idaho: $33.50 hunting and fishing combo -- add deer $19.75, $11.50 bear, $11.50 mountain lion, $30.75 elk (not a draw, you get it), $124 for everything which is a LONG list
    Alabama: $26.20 for all hunting which includes one doe every day of the season and at least 5 bucks-- Option to purchase lifetime hunting license at 16, not this ridiculous 65 crap.
    Michigan: $11 hunting license, add deer $20, turkey $15, bear $25.

...PA's license a good value? Nonsense. Compared to many other states it's highway robbery.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; July 11th, 2017 at 11:44 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Let's see:

Georgia: $30 for hunting and fishing license combo--includes EVERYTHING except alligator ($75) and migratory bird ($5)
    Tennessee: $34 for hunting and fishing combo -- add big game $34, archery another $34. That's it.
    Kentucky: $30 for hunting and fishing combo -- add deer $35 (gets ya two), turkey $30, migratory bird $15.
    Idaho: $33.50 hunting and fishing combo -- add deer $19.75, $11.50 bear, $11.50 mountain lion, $30.75 elk (not a draw, you get it), $124 for everything which is a LONG list
    Alabama: $26.20 for all hunting which includes one doe every day of the season and at least 5 bucks-- Option to purchase lifetime hunting license at 16, not this ridiculous 65 crap.

...PA's license a good value? Nonsense. Compared to many other states it's highway robbery.
    But we aren't in any of those states. As such, for PA, it's still the best bang for the buck out there. I will concede to your point about states having dual hunting and fishing license fees. That would be nice if PA just had one single agency to fund from license fees rather than two, but we also have a shit ton more public land for fishing and hunting than most other states as well. If that costs me $40/ year to enjoy that, I will do so gladly. The alternative scenario is that we turn out to be like Texas where you can't hunt unless you shell out big bucks for exclusive hunting leases.

If you actually use it, our license is a damn good value! I just get tired of hearing guys who will spend $200 for beer and food for a weekend at deer camp and $700 on a new deer rifle, and $1,000 on the latest waterproof hunting camo bitch and moan about the price of a hunting license becsuse the only hunt one weekend per year.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Our 3 just arrived...me and 2 kiddos.

(Delaware County)

Let's see:

I would pay more per year in most of those states.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by LineWalker View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. Sent mine out yesterday.
    Awarded 2G today at 12:22pm. Pew pew!
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

(Lancaster County)

Exactly why are porcupines considered furbearers? And a daily bag limit of 3 seems reasonable I suppose, but what does one do with multiple porcupines? Does one even see multiple porcupines in a day?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Wayne County)

Exactly why are porcupines considered furbearers? And a daily bag limit of 3 seems reasonable I suppose, but what does one do with multiple porcupines? Does one even see multiple porcupines in a day?
    I've seen two at a time once and I know a guy that dyes the quills and uses them on custom leather work for making tradition native American beadwork. But he doesn't even live in PA.

Porkys are supposed to taste pretty good, although I've never tried one to confirm this.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

2G for me. Mailed Friday morning, awarded at 3:22pm Wednesday.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast