Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Doe license applications accepted July 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    And quit dicking people over with individual tags and extra permits for this, that, and the other. ONE FREAKING LICENSE, $30, AND BE DONE WITH IT!! And two months for rifle deer season, not this pathetic two weeks. Other states can do it just fine, so should we. Quit trying to be New York.
    The NY regular season is 23 consecutive days including Sunday. We are the farthest from NY.

(Cumberland County)

And quit dicking people over with individual tags and extra permits for this, that, and the other. ONE FREAKING LICENSE, $30, AND BE DONE WITH IT!! And two months for rifle deer season, not this pathetic two weeks. Other states can do it just fine, so should we. Quit trying to be New York.
    I'd like it if they added another week to the early muzzle loader season and opened it up to bucks.

2 weeks in October
    2 weeks in November/December

I'd be fine with it. I have a feeling that they would have more hunter participation, especially among young hunters. Let's face it, sitting around outside on a 20°F day is not going to make many kids happy. A 50°F day is far less objectionable.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Delaware County)

Just let us harvest whatever we want during any time of the year. Or nothing at all without proper training and permits plus all applicable fees.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    I wish they'd get out of the 18th century, get rid of those stupid pink envelopes, and go to the internet like everybody else.
    And open hunting on Sundays for GODs Sake !,How many hunters have to work six days with only Sundays off !

Feels good to not have to worry about it since not hunting PA for a few years now. I saw the last minute line at several places.
    It's sad to say that NY has their shit together more than PA...and I can do it with a Mini-30 on Sunday!

(Wayne County)

No more printed books what an excellent way to save money.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    The NY regular season is 23 consecutive days including Sunday. We are the farthest from NY.
    23 is not 45 or 60+ like it is in normal, sane states.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    I'd like it if they added another week to the early muzzle loader season and opened it up to bucks.

2 weeks in October
    2 weeks in November/December

I'd be fine with it. I have a feeling that they would have more hunter participation, especially among young hunters. Let's face it, sitting around outside on a 20°F day is not going to make many kids happy. A 50°F day is far less objectionable.
    Half of the problem is low participation, the other half is overcrowding by having everyone who does make it all crammed in on the same few days. That can't be good for either success or safety.

Is it just me or does it seem like the PGC deliberately does everything wrong to drive away as many people as possible?

(Fulton County)

I must be one of the few people who's somewhat satisfied with the seasons and bag limits. My only gripe is not being able to use semi-autos and the ban on Sunday hunting.

(Wayne County)

A large number of people only hunt deer and don't want to pay for bear or migratory bird or pheasant. If you make the license a flat rate, those folks are going to pay more, whereas I, who hunt and trap, would be paying less than I am now because some deer-only hunter would be subsidizing my license. I have no issue with the "pay to play" aspect of licensing. The only tags that I didn't get this year were archery, elk and pheasant. I have the standard license, furtaker, muzzleloader, migratory bird, bear, fisher, otter, and bobcat and it only came to $95. Tack on one doe tag at just under $7 and a duck stamp for the feds and I'm still under $130 and I can hunt something every day or night of the year if I want. That's not even $0.36/day. I've spent almost that much on ammo in a 2-3 hour session at the range shooting, especially when I was shooting .45LC. I don't pheasant hunt, so I'm glad that my license fee isn't going up $28 to pay for a season that I don't hunt.

Our resident license fee is still the best bang for the buck out there.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast