Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Thinking about buying some parts from Palmetto State Armory........

I know I've seen them mention here before but I was wondering if they're a good company to order miscellaneous parts from. Nothing major, just some barrells, springs and what not. Before I order I should also ask if there's any discounts such as veteran or even AAA. Thanks in advance for any information, Brian
    Last edited by bripro; July 2nd, 2017 at 05:10 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Thinking about buying some parts from Palmetto State Armory........

My experience is great pricing, good quality (as good as anybody). Slow shipping. My shockwave took 10 days.

All my AR's are PSA components and they always run.

(Lehigh County)

Just be aware they have several levels of product. Here is a reply I got last year asking about it:

Good morning,

The classic lower build kits will contain all of the standard mil-spec parts needed to complete a stripped lower receiver. The freedom and PTAC kits come with slightly more streamlined and economical parts so you'll save a bit of money by purchasing our freedom series in lieu of the classic or defender kits. The defender kits will come with a few slightly upgraded parts such as the ambidextrous safety and double loop latch plate. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Dylan D.
    Customer Service
    Palmetto State Armory
    (803) 724-6950
    Info@palmettostatearmory.com

I have seen some comments suggesting to avoid PTAC, use Freedom as a minimum. Not sure how this breaks down on parts versus assemblies.

Good luck and let us know.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

I have ordered quite a few things from them over the years. I have found them to be a good company to deal with who have good prices. I would never order anything from them that I am in a hurry to get though. Over the years some things shipped fast, others took quite a while.

But their pricing and deals I have gotten from them over the years has made slow shipping well worth the effort of dealing with them.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I know I've seen them mention here before but I was wondering if there a good company to order miscellaneous parts from. Nothing major, just some barrelled, springs and what not. Before I order I should also ask if there's any discounts such as veteran or even AAA. Thanks in advance for any information, Brian
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

Sorry , missed it on my voice to text proofread.....barrels
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

They run a lot of sales on the what nots from time to time..

(Montgomery County)

Their higher quality (CHF) barrels are made by FN. Probably won't go wrong there... The customer service has been very good in my experience too.

(Allegheny County)

They are good to go. Have ordered many times from them. BUT, I will say shipping the product out to you can be very slow.

I've bought plenty of things from them - especially some Five-seveN and SCAR 17S magazines when each was on sale for either $20 or $25 each (one set of mags was $20 each and the other set was $25 each, I forget which was which).

Their ARs are pretty good for the price point. I've purchased several lowers from them (2x 5.56x45mm, 1x 9x19mm and 2x 7.62x51mm), but I've only bought uppers for the 5.56x45mm. Replaced the bird cages with some AAC 51T muzzle brakes, popped my suppressor on, did a quick check to make sure everything was aligned right, ran a test mag through it and then dumped a 60 round drum. Had absolutely no issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast