Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Going to post this in gun pictures but couldn't think of anything witty to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I have/had three Colt 1911's bought sight unseen. All were flawless. My LE6920 also looks, and shoots great. Colt has been making some of their best stuff the last few years. I know a lot of folks who've had the same experience. They sell every gun they make.

Glock has been eclipsed by several other manufacturers, including CZ who make a polymer, striker fired pistol. Glocks are popular with police due to government, select the lowest bidder contracts.
    No love for this?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Going to post this in gun pictures but couldn't think of anything witty to say...

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    No love for this?

How long ago did that abortion emerge? Colt has not progressed with the times. They have become a boutique arms maker at the civilian level, well maybe except for the AR-15. I'm OK with that. Don't forget the equally forgettable "Double Eagle". WTF were they thinking?

(Indiana County)

I guess my gripe with Colt is that they survive on tax dollars while for many years ignoring their civilian customers, ignoring what the general public wants so they can focus on sucking Uncle Sugars teat.

Maybe I'll go buy a brand new Colt Anaconda tomorrow and see how good they are making stuff now.
    Anyone know of a place that stocks new Anacondas?
    Maybe I could go for a King Cobra, anyone know who stocks them in Indiana, Armstrong, Cambria or Westmoreland counties?

(Chester County)

I think Colt makes a darn good 1911 for the money, and also AR-15's. Their SAA revolvers are very nice also, but more for collectors these days although I know a lot of guys shooting them in Cowboy Action. Yes, they have been mismanaged, and crank out lemons now, and then. They have made a lot of mistakes, but what they currently do, they do pretty well. They had the military contracts sewed up, and pissed it away. We had to go to Beretta for a modern 9MM.

(Chester County)

Colt will end up buying Glock, this will ensure a base of customers who will forever overlook the shoddy craftsmanship and high prices due to the magic Pony on the slide.
    Maybe I'll go buy a brand new Colt Anaconda tomorrow and see how good they are making stuff now.
    You seem conflicted (confused)...how can we help?

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    You seem conflicted (confused)...how can we help?
    My sarcasm have you confused?

I mean you do know they don't make those revolvers any longer right?

(Lancaster County)

I need that pen. What ever they are asking for it is not enough. Maybe I'll check the classifieds and pay new price because it comes with a pocket protector and clip

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I need that pen. What ever they are asking for it is not enough. Maybe I'll check the classifieds and pay new price because it comes with a pocket protector and clip
    You'd be lucky to pay new price in these classifieds, maybe a 10% premium if you're lucky.

(Chester County)

My sarcasm have you confused?

I mean you do know they don't make those revolvers any longer right?
    Confused is being kind to me... Yuengings give me internet courage... breaking balls is what I do.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    How long ago did that abortion emerge? Colt has not progressed with the times. They have become a boutique arms maker at the civilian level, well maybe except for the AR-15. I'm OK with that. Don't forget the equally forgettable "Double Eagle". WTF were they thinking?
    Well it was called the Colt 2000 all American. Reminds me, hey Ruger All Americain. Copy cat.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast