Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Man shoots daughter..... If you are new too ALWAYS treat your gun like it's loade

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I read this elsewhere. He intentionally pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger.

Anybody here point their "empty" guns at their children and dry fire?
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    let me think about that one......

"holy fuck" was my response.
    And probably why the chief called it...heinous and depraved.
    We're all assuming that the article contains the truth, and statements weren't twisted, or misunderstood then repeated.

If it is true, beat the fucker half to death then bury him alive.

(York County)

Default Re: Man shoots daughter..... If you are new too ALWAYS treat your gun like it's loade

How horrible. I can't imagine what that family is going through. A trial, conviction, prison time, etc isn't going to benefit society at all. The guy should probably take his own life ASAP at this point and save everyone from the process.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    We're all assuming that the article contains the truth, and statements weren't twisted, or misunderstood then repeated.

If it is true, beat the fucker half to death then bury him alive.
    From the arrest documents...

Eric Hummel told an officer, "I was showing the boys the gun and told them not to ever play with it because it can kill someone. Then she walked in the room, and I pointed it at her and pulled the trigger, thinking it was empty," according to a probable cause affidavit.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

From the arrest documents...
    Also from the article.

One of Hummel’s sons—the 9-year-old—said his father pointed the gun at him “probably like two times” and “a few times” at the other brother, the police report alleged.

(Lehigh County)

The really sad part is the first thing he should have done when taking out the gun is show the kids ... 'When you touch a gun the first thing you do is check that the chamber is empty like this...' and then demonstrating how to drop the mag and run the slide back, showing it empty. (which of course it was not)

Think how much better that result would have been.

Then Rule ONE... Treat every gun as if it was loaded!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

If he was so confident the gun was empty, he should have pointed it at himself first and pulled the trigger. They should add that to firearms training. If you think your gun is empty and think it's a good idea to point it at someone, put it in your mouth and pull the trigger first.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    We all make mistakes and have the occasional lapse in judgment. Thankfully, egregious mistakes, such as this, that destroy a whole family for life are rare.

If you were a "stupid fuck" and "foolishly" backed your car out of the driveway without looking and accidentally ran over and killed your child, I would not support you being prosecuted or punished.
    Pointing a gun at your child and pulling the trigger is not a mistake or an accident. It simply should never be done and is reckless behavior which should be punished. As a matter of routine, people do have to back out of driveways however, and tragically sometimes small children are out of one's sight line and get run over. Unless there is evidence of malice aforethought, this would be an accident and I would also would not support legal consequences.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Chester County)

It is BEYOND gross negligence. He should be charged with Manslaughter at the minimum.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Pointing a gun at your child and pulling the trigger is not a mistake or an accident. It simply should never be done and is reckless behavior which should be punished. As a matter of routine, people do have to back out of driveways however, and tragically sometimes small children are out of one's sight line and get run over. Unless there is evidence of malice aforethought, this would be an accident and I would also would not support legal consequences.
    You know, I've been thinking about this and you're right... dad should be locked up and the key thrown away. It really is best that dad be made an example of to satisfy the anti crowd and should spend the rest of his life in prison pondering the tragic accidental death of his daughter.

(Montgomery County)

This needless and avoidable tragedy is horrible.
    With regard to events like these adding to the probability of mandatory firearm training for purchase and/or carry.
    It may end up being a moot point with the current push for carry reciprocity.
    Carry reciprocity agreements between states are based on comparable minimal standards.
    It seems obvious that if national carry reciprocity gets done, the national standard will be based on the highest standard that can be imposed.
    Minimal training requirements to carry nationwide would be the obvious result.
    Just something to think about.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast