Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Man shoots daughter..... If you are new too ALWAYS treat your gun like it's loade

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    And whether you agree with it or not (I don't), this sort of stupid crap definitely adds fuel to the "no license without training" camp. Not a good thing, IMHO. And yet how do you argue it? This moron does this, and the anti-2a folk start militating about "See, this is why you need ____ hours of training and tests before you're entitled to own a gun." I can tell you all the reasons why not, but it doesn't make the "because constitution" argument any easier to put across...

THAT is one reason I could get behind for adding insult to injury and prosecuting this poor dumb SOB.
    I also do not agree with required training but with Neanderthals like this running around it really is hard to make an argument. He is the exact fodder that liberals look to stoke their anti-2nd fires.

But I also feel like this behavior wasn't a one time fluke, he probably had a history of irresponsible behavior that finally caught up with him. I wouldn't live in a house with someone who acted that irresponsible. They absolutely should throw the book at him. His emotional distress doesn't mean sh*t to the future his kid could have had, or the whatever hope his two boys had of being emotional "normal"

(Chester County)

Default Re: Man shoots daughter..... If you are new too ALWAYS treat your gun like it's loade

THAT is one reason I could get behind for adding insult to injury and prosecuting this poor dumb SOB.
    Who made you God, judge and jury? No one is in a position to pass judgment. This guy did a stupid thing. Nevertheless, my heart aches for him. Moreover, any further punishment you "could get behind" would be way easier than losing a child.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Who made you God, judge and jury? No one is in a position to pass judgment. This guy did a stupid thing. Nevertheless, my heart aches for him. Moreover, any further punishment you "could get behind" would be way easier than losing a child.
    Nobody made me God, judge or jury, nor do I want that responsibility.

But saying I could 'get behind' something is far from that.

My heart hurts for him as well, and I've tried to be sympathetic in acknowledging the unimaginable pain of losing a child at your own hand.

Yet, the sheer stupidity of his action and its ramifications for gun owners everywhere does make me think that something beyond 'feeling bad for him' may be apropos. But I'll say again, I'm contributing my opinion, not passing judgment.

Perhaps "love the sinner, hate the sin" is a better way to put it.
    DGAF

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Your heart aches for some stupid fuck who foolishly ignored basic gun safety rules and executed his own daughter? Not me, brother. He must suffer for his sin and deservedly so.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Your heart aches for some stupid fuck who foolishly ignored basic gun safety rules and executed his own daughter? Not me, brother. He must suffer for his sin and deservedly so.
    We all make mistakes and have the occasional lapse in judgment. Thankfully, egregious mistakes, such as this, that destroy a whole family for life are rare.

If you were a "stupid fuck" and "foolishly" backed your car out of the driveway without looking and accidentally ran over and killed your child, I would not support you being prosecuted or punished.

(Chester County)

Nobody made me God, judge or jury, nor do I want that responsibility.

But saying I could 'get behind' something is far from that.

My heart hurts for him as well, and I've tried to be sympathetic in acknowledging the unimaginable pain of losing a child at your own hand.

Yet, the sheer stupidity of his action and its ramifications for gun owners everywhere does make me think that something beyond 'feeling bad for him' may be apropos. But I'll say again, I'm contributing my opinion, not passing judgment.

Perhaps "love the sinner, hate the sin" is a better way to put it.
    Agree with your premise.

(Perry County)

I read this elsewhere. He intentionally pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger.

When Olivia walked into the room, he pointed the firearm at her and shot her in the head. He’d thought the gun was empty, according to court records.
    Hobart Police Chief Richard W. Zormier said at a press conference, “I believe this was a series of heinous and depraved acts committed by the suspect on June 10. His actions that day endangered the lives of all three children and ultimately stole the life of Olivia, an innocent 9-year-old girl.”
    Anybody here point their "empty" guns at their children and dry fire?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

Nothing would make me support mandatory training. Also, guys and gals that would do something like this training will do nothing for. The safety rules are common sense not some complicated theory that needs class time.

Some cases deserve prosecution and some do not and would not be beneficial. From what little I know here charges should be filed. Not necessarily jail time on conviction though

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Anybody here point their "empty" guns at their children and dry fire?
    let me think about that one......

"holy fuck" was my response.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    let me think about that one......

"holy fuck" was my response.
    And probably why the chief called it...heinous and depraved.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast