Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: Photobucket Demands $400 Ransom to Release Photos

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Where did you get the plug-in?

I just added this one, restarted Chrome...doesn't work.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=648507
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    This is what I've been using lately.

https://postimage.io/
    After 19 years I'm done also, opened new acct there today.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Is it really such a burden to store you own images? I never had such an account. It's spiffy for uploading full res images, but my life doesn't depend on it. Flash drives are cheap and huge, and external hard drives are dirt cheap. I get why people use such services, but backing up your own files is easy and important on many levels.

IDK, maybe because I'm old school, and remember using computers that had hard drives not much larger then a box of floppies that failed often.

(Delaware County)

As I've mentioned in this thread before I have a paid photobucket (PB) account, gives me extra space for something like $29 a year. I've had it for a while now. It's why my "3rd party links still work, at least until my current paid subscription expires at which point I too would have to pay the $500 for 3rd party links.

I literally have thousands of photo's loaded to PB, not just my own, which I should still have copies of on my hard drives, but also appropriate photo's I've used in threads here and elsewhere in cyberland.

I wish I was better organized with my own photo's but I am not and not knowing which I still have, I have been downloading all of my PB albums, one at a time, no other way to do it that I can find. It's long slow process and I'm not halfway down yet. Recently downloading the albums won't download at all, keep getting error messages. Internet speculation is that's by design too.

For anyone trying to get their albums from PB and having a hard time, if they're able to download at all, I found an extension for Google that gets around the error and downloads them with no problem, still one at a time, but now I'm able to finish getting my photos before PB shuts me all the way out. Sometimes it's pretty fast too.

It's not free, it costs $1.99, but it's worth it if you want to be rid of PB and get your stuff. (only works with photos, if you have videos on PB too they need to be manually downloaded, if possible)

The Google Play Store app is called:

Photobucket Album Downloader (Unlimit)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Is it really such a burden to store you own images? I never had such an account. It's spiffy for uploading full res images, but my life doesn't depend on it. Flash drives are cheap and huge, and external hard drives are dirt cheap. I get why people use such services, but backing up your own files is easy and important on many levels.

IDK, maybe because I'm old school, and remember using computers that had hard drives not much larger then a box of floppies that failed often.
    I have a dedicated 2 TB hard drive with it's own external backup drive for our photos. Every year I also burn that entire year of photos to a blank DVD as an additional archive. Unless my house explodes, I should be fine, and I don't have to worry about someone else having access to and control over my photos. Look what PB did to you...they're holding you hostage.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Luzerne County)

Store in and sharing not the same. Once upon a time pafoa would play host. Then they stared running out of room. That is when most started using a host to share images.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

It has nothing to do with backing up files - it's a image hosting site so you can post links to display photos on forums and such.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Store in and sharing not the same. Once upon a time pafoa would play host. Then they stared running out of room. That is when most started using a host to share images.
    OK, owner, lets run a capital campaign to buy PAFOA it's own private ginormous server to host members' photos. Small one-time fee to join and we're in business.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It has nothing to do with backing up files - it's a image hosting site so you can post links to display photos on forums and such.
    Yeah I get that.
    But the reason for the thread was your photo's (some) were being held hostage because you didn't have them safely backed up elsewhere. If they're safe elsewhere the ransom is useless. We all know nothing is really free.

(Allegheny County)

did anyone else get a bunch of E-mails from "Photobucket" giving you a link to click on so that you can pay the $400 and get your pictures back !!!!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast