Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Senate approves bill to allow guns in schools

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    One of the problems in arming teachers is anti-gun fellow teachers distrustful of any among them being armed.
    Concealed is concealed?

OH THE HUMANITY!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I compete with at least one school teacher who would really love to be able carry at work. I know of at least one other, with whom I attended school back in the day. So...

There were a number of amendments to this bill that violate parts of PA statutes, most importantly regarding record keeping, so it would have been better had it passed without them. I'm fairly certain, however, that's not *why* the no votes were no votes...
    How about they just carry under other lawful purpose & put a good lawyer on retainer for any illegal policies that prevent them from doing so?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    How about they just carry under other lawful purpose & put a good lawyer on retainer for any illegal policies that prevent them from doing so?
    How about they just carry under the Constitution (U.S. or PA) and no lawyers needed?

I know, I know - Pollyanna riding a unicorn over a rainbow...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    How about they just carry under the Constitution (U.S. or PA) and no lawyers needed?

I know, I know - Pollyanna riding a unicorn over a rainbow...
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lancaster County)

One of the problems in arming teachers is anti-gun fellow teachers distrustful of any among them being armed.
    Then they can learn to get over themselves and stop being anti gun. This heckler's veto crap has got to be put to an end.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

One of the problems in arming teachers is fellow teachers knowing how incompetent many of their coworkers are, and how little they trust their judgement, preparation and diligence. If you want to hear how little respect some teachers command, listen to other teachers.

All unofficial, of course, as the union and school party line is that all teachers are dedicated, selfless, professional... and underpaid.

But... anyway... back to the topic. It is baffling how people can argue that teachers are capable of caring for and educating students day after day, but can't be trusted with a firearm. Their real argument should be that school shootings are such rare events that it is a waste of time to spend all of this time, money and effort on the issue at all. But that isn't what they are saying. Many want to spend taxpayer money on guards, metal detectors and security systems.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234