Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default FOUR YRS. of SPANIISH RESEARCH

The beginning & close to the end. It started close to 50 years ago. I saw a sale on Spanish Shotguns. $100.00 marked down to $80.00 (I may be $5 or so off, but close on my numbers). "Salesman (retail chain) hand me that 20 gauge". The stamping ; Made in Spain, Falcon Model 137 Ranger 12 gauge 2 3/4. The name Falcon did not thrill me and Ranger to top it off. Then I saw an opportunity. "Sales guy, get your Manager a problem". It was a 20 ga stamped 12 ga. I said to get this out of your inventory I offer $30, but my wife says I offered $20. So a Falcon rode home in Chevy. I hunted IT hard for 40 years. About 4 years ago I had a thread about this side by side. When you break it open there are over 20 stamps hidden underneath. Now I learned underneath is water table and barrel flats. My book travel landed me in Eiber Spain the home of Spanish Shotguns. Ugartechea, Aya and countless others made these Fire Arms.
    About 10 days ago I landed at LION COUNTRY SUPPLY, near Penn State. As I walked, really I limped in the door (old age comes quick), my first name is John, so I assign John to this individual. He could see I was physically beat up, so he grabbed a stool for me to sit on. There were 3 persons in the GUN ROOM, me, john and bride Shirley. With shotguns all around the room, it reeks of QUALITY. I dare not touch one of them. John talked to me and Shirley for 35 minutes. A true EXPERT of Spanish Firearms and THE IMPORTER. He was not trying to dazzle me, he was taking me to school to learn, along with IT my Spanish 20 gauge that I brought along. Value came up and I was astonished, but John hit me with scenarios that made dollars disappear. I had to give thought for IT to become a Lady, for another 40 years of hunting. One picture is stamped (initials) F.A. This stands for Eusebio Arazaga (Google that name). One scenario, make her a Lady, you tried once and got more TRU OIL on the metal than wood. John was right. This Spanish is really tight and wants to hunt another 40 years.
    Pics L to R---Spanish 20 gauge before restore, F.A., 12 gauge 2 3/4, bottom of receiver before, receiver now, but more work to it is needed. I am not a Gunsmith and could never match, or come close to their Master Craftsmanship, but I had a good Coach give me a shove. Go slow and think, then think some more.
    fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Berks County)

Default Re: FOUR YRS. of SPANIISH RESEARCH

Fossil I didn't understand a word of that but that's just my ignorance. You're a wonderful person (even though you shoot one of my favorite animals (groundogs)) and I hope you keep hunting for as long as you want.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Montgomery County)

Great to hear from you. I have not sent your name in a few months and was starting g to wonder where you got to.
    Looks like!e you have real treasure find there.

(Berks County)

Good to hear from you. Nice shotgun. Good story to go with it.

(Lebanon County)

Hi: This is what started my interest in the 20 gauge and Spanish Shotguns. My 20 gauge can not command this price but it sure sends a wake up call !

fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Fossil I didn't understand a word of that but that's just my ignorance. You're a wonderful person (even though you shoot one of my favorite animals (groundogs)) and I hope you keep hunting for as long as you want.
    It read like one of those erotic paperback novels the women read.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Philadelphia County)

Nice value for that awesome Falcon Ranger.

(Monroe County)

4 years and still counting.

WUT?

So you go it for $40?

It's really worth ?

So is it a 20 or a 12?

Why was is miss marked?

Who was the real maker?

It is pretty shotgun.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff