Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OC Reasonableness...?

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    You are simply paraphrasing what I just said. Young are fair game because they are stupid and naive. Bison and other animals can protect their young....by teaching them not to hang out upwind of the predator. Except in the world of humans it's much more complicated than just standing upwind.

What I said is not an analogy either. Rapists ARE predators.
    You edit things after I respond to them. The young lack the strength or defense mechanisms to deal with predators. Look at what walrus do with their young when a polar bear comes around. It has nothing to do with the young being stupid and naive.

The analogy that is weak is not the 'rapists and predators' but 'humans and wolves'.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    You edit things after I respond to them. The young lack the strength or defense mechanisms to deal with predators. Look at what walrus do with their young when a polar bear comes around. It has nothing to do with the young being stupid and naive.

The analogy that is weak is not the 'rapists and predators' but 'humans and wolves'.
    Actually I'm editing after reading MY posts, not yours. I didnt know that you already responded. I'm writing on a smartphone and it's easier to preview my post by posting it, then reading it and editing and saving it again. I can only see about 5 lines at a time and scrolling fucks things up sometimes.Just trying to clarify my ideas, correct mistakes, or add something I forgot. Your responses had absolutely zero to do with it.
    Last edited by FJW; June 27th, 2017 at 12:00 AM.

(Butler County)

Don'tknowme, I was about to say I like how simple and innocent your questions are, and alternately and ironically easy and hard to answer at the same time. Then I scrolled up and saw your age and I understood perfectly. Goodnight kiddo. I'm tired and I need some shuteye. I think it's time we let this thread go back to it's original purpose and give these... uh... nice folks on here a break.

Ta.

(Berks County)

From hearing how many men talk about women like tasty meat and a shiny trophy.
    Maybe you only hang out around rapists.

Actually I'm editing as I write and didnt know that you already responded. I read my post and simply wanted to clarify things I wrote and correct mistakes, or add something.
    Actually you edit after I respond. Whether you know you're doing it or not doesn't matter. I do the same thing. I was just pointing it out.

Don'tknowme, I was about to say I like how simple and innocent your questions are, and alternately and ironically easy and hard to answer at the same time. Then I scrolled up and saw your age and I understood perfectly. Goodnight kiddo. I'm tired and I need some shuteye. I think it's time we let this thread go back to it's original purpose and give these... uh... nice folks on here a break.

Ta.
    I think the only question I asked you was 'Where did you get that highlighted fact from?' and you responded with 'From hearing how many men talk about women like tasty meat and a shiny trophy.' So in other words you just made up that "fact".

Your analogy of humans to wolves is still lacking conviction. I like the nice folks here. They're nice.

Grown Walrus surround their young since their thick hides cannot be penetrated by the polar bear. The males use their tusks to slash at the polar bear and keep it at bay until the herd, moving as one, can make it to the water to escape.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I don't have contempt for the victim...
    ...the stupid naive young girl...
    Gotcha...
    No, you really don't got nuthin at all.
    Children are naive and stupid when it comes to the wickedness of the world unless taught.... hopefully through the experience of others before they have bad experiences of their own.
    Children are innocent when it comes to the wickedness of the world unless taught. Innocent as in lacking knowledge or experience. Naïve and stupid are character traits that don't tend to be associated with others politely. And they sure didn't come across as polite in your post.

The level of misogyny and hatred for anyone not like you is unlike anything I've seen in over 4 years here. If you actually have children, as you suggest above, I hope for our sake they can recover from their upbringing.

I'm done with this thread. If I respond again to one of these ... unfathomably ignorant ... posts, I fully expect at least one mod will spank me for the content. I rarely dislike people, especially without meeting, but you... nope, nope, I'm done.

Out.

(Venango County)

You're tempting fate, plain and simple. Doesn't mean it's "wrong" to open carry. So I guess you're the guy who's gonna make me have to wait longer to renew my license at PennDOT because you HAVE to show off. Likewise I ALSO have contempt for the liberal who makes such a big deal about your open carrying. Together you BOTH have the potential to make life suck for the rest of us with your absolute convictions.

As someone else said, just cover it up, get your business done and get out.

As i said, in some cases it may be worth it... and in some caees it's not.
    FJW also lost me here.

It seems that FJW doesn't like people exercising THEIR rights if it inconveniences him in the very least. This is hard to comprehend when carrying should be normal and not cause any delays or inconvenience which can only be done by exercising those rights to obtain some kind of 'normalcy'. FJW should be upset with the way gun carriers are treated as some pre-criminal pyrrhia when they are breaking no law. His anger is misplaced and unwarrented IMHO. Rights and liberty are seldom held equivalent to the concepts of convenience and comfort.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    FJW also lost me here.

It seems that FJW doesn't like people exercising THEIR rights if it inconveniences him in the very least. This is hard to comprehend when carrying should be normal and not cause any delays or inconvenience which can only be done by exercising those rights to obtain some kind of 'normalcy'. FJW should be upset with the way gun carriers are treated as some pre-criminal pyrrhia when they are breaking no law. His anger is misplaced and unwarrented IMHO. Rights and liberty are seldom held equivalent to the concepts of convenience and comfort.
    TaePo is correct, IMHO this is what it boils to... " carrying should be normal and not cause any delays or inconvenience ". also " gun carriers are treated as some pre-criminal pyrrhia when they are breaking no law ".

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think this is the type of response the OP is looking for...

It's a god damned shame that people feel they need to hide/temporarily give up a right based on worry about what someone else may think.
    EM is also correct with his statement.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    TaePo is correct, IMHO this is what it boils to... " carrying should be normal and not cause any delays or inconvenience ". also " gun carriers are treated as some pre-criminal pyrrhia when they are breaking no law ".
    What things should be and what they are, are two different things. Just doing what you like because you can doesnt neccessarily help your cause. Battles (place and time) have to be chosen carefully. Otherwise it'll backfire for us publicity wise. Plus, it's a shame that liberals come out of the woodwork to inconvenience us all but they do and I see no reason to get them too miffed becsuse they can and will submit their own bills to congress. Battles need to be chosen more carefully....or all it's going to do is result in more inconvenience, not less. So we need to choose more carwfully where and when we show our guns. Once this is common place without incident, then you up the ante.

When I was in 1st grade sitting in "story circle" around the teacher with the other kids, I used to try to sit outside the circle and the teacher would get pssed off and tell me to get back in the group. But then I would literally "walk" on my ass cheeks one little step at a time while she was reading. After a minute or two I'd be outside the circle again and some other kids would follow my lead. We made our circle bigger without the teacher ever seeing it happen. That's how you enable change without resistance.

A new pierogie shop just opened up on my way to work. A local cop owns the place and happens to be Polish. Sooo... I recently started thinking that I might like to open carry my little Polish Radom P83 pistol in there and see what kind of conversation ensues. If I don't like his attitude, I don't buy his pierogies.... and if he likes it, well the pistol is Polish too and we have something to talk about. To me, this is a much better place to test the waters of OC and push its status quo than my local DMV center. I dont think Allegheny County is quitr ready for OC on that even if it is legal. And if we try to push that envelooe too aggressively, don't be surprised if some ugly bills start to appear and gain support.

What things should be and what they are, are two different things. Just doing what you like because you can doesnt neccessarily help your cause. Battles (place and time) have to be chosen carefully. Otherwise it'll backfire for us publicity wise. Plus, it's a shame that liberals come out of the woodwork to inconvenience us all but they do and I see no reason to get them too miffed becsuse they can and will submit their own bills to congress. Battles need to be chosen more carefully....or all it's going to do is result in more inconvenience, not less. So we need to choose more carwfully where and when we show our guns. Once this is common place without incident, then you up the ante.

When I was in 1st grade sitting in "story circle" around the teacher with the other kids, I used to try to sit outside the circle and the teacher would get pssed off and tell me to get back in the group. But then I would literally "walk" on my ass cheeks one little step at a time while she was reading. After a minute or two I'd be outside the circle again and some other kids would follow my lead. We made our circle bigger without the teacher ever seeing it happen. That's how you enable change without resistance.

A new pierogie shop just opened up on my way to work. A local cop owns the place and happens to be Polish. Sooo... I recently started thinking that I might like to open carry my little Polish Radom P83 pistol in there and see what kind of conversation ensues. If I don't like his attitude, I don't buy his pierogies.... and if he likes it, well the pistol is Polish too and we have something to talk about. To me, this is a much better place to test the waters of OC and push its status quo than my local DMV center. I dont think Allegheny County is quitr ready for OC on that even if it is legal. And if we try to push that envelooe too aggressively, don't be surprised if some ugly bills start to appear and gain support.
    Where have been the last 15 years? I open carry often in Allegeny, Beaver, Butler ,and Lawrence counties. Never a negative encounter.

You say we shouldn't open carry so we don't scare anyone untill open carry is more commonly accepted. Are you a democrat? Your reasoning on many levels appears to me to be on an emotional rather than an intelectual level. IE I don't like something, can't really put a finger on it but I don't like it and any one that does is wrong.

You need to reread and reevaluate your stance. You seriously are on the left side of this matter.

There, now I told you what to do..like it?

P.s. open carry your gun to the perogie place..worst that can happen is he asks you to leave.
    Last edited by pacodelahoya; June 27th, 2017 at 09:17 AM.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast