Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: OC Reasonableness...?

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    TaePo is correct, IMHO this is what it boils to... " carrying should be normal and not cause any delays or inconvenience ". also " gun carriers are treated as some pre-criminal pyrrhia when they are breaking no law ".
    You and I both know that's how it SHOULD be.. but fact is, sometimes it isn't. Heck, I see people OC'ing and I don't really give second thought to it. I'll notice it, think "cool, a fellow carrier" and be on my way. But fact is, there are many people out there who are offended by the frickin pop tart in the shape of a gun.

I'm not saying people shouldn't OC because of this, by any means... But I do see FJW's point about holding things up, for yourself or for others. I always CC, that's just me... so I don't have the issue.. but I can see, if you're OC'ing, and are in a big hurry to get somewhere, people can ask questions, call police, whatever that will delay you and others. Instead of going in some place that you KNOW is not OC or gun friendly, trying to make a point, all he seems to be saying is sometimes it's easier just to cover up and be on your way.

Hey, some people can OC for years without any issue... good for you... but others seem to get questioned or stopped every time they're out. Different scenarios for different people.

And I say again, I have zero problems with OC... but I have to admit, I think there are quite a few people who OC LOOKING for interaction. THAT is the attitude I don't like... Healthy interaction and education is fine.. But I know of some people who look to prove a point and become a symbol of snotty attitude on it.. You can't say "it should just be normal" and "it should be a non-issue" when you then strap on to OC and go out looking for trouble (not saying any one of you in particular, just saying I know a few like that).

But.. in the end.. carry the way you like, I'll carry the way I like, and realize we're all in this together ultimately. I wish carry were normal to everyone... even the shattered snowflakes who go crazy at the sight of a gun. But unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever get that comfortable as a society.
    III%

(Chester County)

I think it's worth noting that general acceptance of OC is more prevalent in rural PA counties. Down here in SEPA, OC will get you noticed way faster than rural areas of the state where citizens are more accepting of and comfortable with firearms. Unfortunately, our OC bretheren from the country would likely experience immediate pushback in West Chester, for example.

Just an observation and not taking sides.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    You and I both know that's how it SHOULD be.. but fact is, sometimes it isn't. Heck, I see people OC'ing and I don't really give second thought to it. I'll notice it, think "cool, a fellow carrier" and be on my way. But fact is, there are many people out there who are offended by the frickin pop tart in the shape of a gun.

I'm not saying people shouldn't OC because of this, by any means... But I do see FJW's point about holding things up, for yourself or for others. I always CC, that's just me... so I don't have the issue.. but I can see, if you're OC'ing, and are in a big hurry to get somewhere, people can ask questions, call police, whatever that will delay you and others. Instead of going in some place that you KNOW is not OC or gun friendly, trying to make a point, all he seems to be saying is sometimes it's easier just to cover up and be on your way.

Hey, some people can OC for years without any issue... good for you... but others seem to get questioned or stopped every time they're out. Different scenarios for different people.

And I say again, I have zero problems with OC... but I have to admit, I think there are quite a few people who OC LOOKING for interaction. THAT is the attitude I don't like... Healthy interaction and education is fine.. But I know of some people who look to prove a point and become a symbol of snotty attitude on it.. You can't say "it should just be normal" and "it should be a non-issue" when you then strap on to OC and go out looking for trouble (not saying any one of you in particular, just saying I know a few like that).

But.. in the end.. carry the way you like, I'll carry the way I like, and realize we're all in this together ultimately. I wish carry were normal to everyone... even the shattered snowflakes who go crazy at the sight of a gun. But unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever get that comfortable as a society.
    I'll bet there are more than a few members here that are glad Rosa Parks inconvienced some people.

And yes, it is that important. Sorry, I'm not hiding my rights under a bushell so some snowflakes don't get scared...or fucking inconvienced
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I think it's worth noting that general acceptance of OC is more prevalent in rural PA counties. Down here in SEPA, OC will get you noticed way faster than rural areas of the state where citizens are more accepting of and comfortable with firearms. Unfortunately, our OC bretheren from the country would likely experience immediate pushback in West Chester, for example.

Just an observation and not taking sides.
    I think there are just some fudds posting. Rural western counties and all.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    I'll bet there are more than a few members here that are glad Rosa Parks inconvienced some people.
    Again, that's your right and that's fine. But imo, you carrying to prove a point in front of someone, causing them a 20 minute wait in line at the store while their child is at home waiting for formula (theoretical situation), is going to piss someone off way more than it's going to change any laws in favor of OC. I highly doubt they're going to go home and write their congressman and say they support OC...

And yes, it is that important. Sorry, I'm not hiding my rights under a bushell so some snowflakes don't get scared...or fucking inconvienced
    Now it almost sounds like you're bashing CC..? Sorry, I don't carry concealed because of other people's feelings, and I don't do it to prevent inconvenience. Fact is, I would carry concealed even if OC was widely accepted. I prefer out of sight out of mind. I prefer NOT to be hounded when I'm out with my family. If you live for that, again, be my guest... It's not my personality, and I hate interaction with other people... last thing I want to do is invite more people to notice me. I'd rather be a shadow in the dark.

On a side note - I never understand this whole rift between OC'ers and CC'ers. I mean, for crying out loud, I stated an opinion agreeing with both sides and that's still not good enough. On one side, you have some of the OC'ers who have to puff their chests and be political warriors, and anything else is being a pussy.. and on the other hand, CC'ers often look at OC'ers like they're toolbags and just want attention. Can't we all just use common sense, assess situations, think of other people, and go on about our day while exercising our rights as we please?
    III%

(Lancaster County)

I never understand how people know the intent of a stranger?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I never understand how people know the intent of a stranger?
    You don't... that's why you should be leery of everyone, and be prepared for anything.
    III%

(Allegheny County)

So we are blaming the guy carrying a gun for the inconvenience of a possible delay in services RATHER than blaming the person who is the one ACTUALLY causing the delay by being offended by it?

Got it.

I thought this forum weeded out this nonsense years ago.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    So we are blaming the guy carrying a gun for the inconvenience of a possible delay in services RATHER than blaming the person who is the one ACTUALLY causing the delay by being offended by it?

Got it.

I thought this forum weeded out this nonsense years ago.
    Not only are we blaming the carrier but we are expecting them to know in advance if it will cause a hassle or not and to conceal based on that ability to tell the future.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Again, that's your right and that's fine. But imo, you carrying to prove a point in front of someone, causing them a 20 minute wait in line at the store while their child is at home waiting for formula (theoretical situation), is going to piss someone off way more than it's going to change any laws in favor of OC. I highly doubt they're going to go home and write their congressman and say they support OC...

Now it almost sounds like you're bashing CC..? Sorry, I don't carry concealed because of other people's feelings, and I don't do it to prevent inconvenience. Fact is, I would carry concealed even if OC was widely accepted. I prefer out of sight out of mind. I prefer NOT to be hounded when I'm out with my family. If you live for that, again, be my guest... It's not my personality, and I hate interaction with other people... last thing I want to do is invite more people to notice me. I'd rather be a shadow in the dark.

On a side note - I never understand this whole rift between OC'ers and CC'ers. I mean, for crying out loud, I stated an opinion agreeing with both sides and that's still not good enough. On one side, you have some of the OC'ers who have to puff their chests and be political warriors, and anything else is being a pussy.. and on the other hand, CC'ers often look at OC'ers like they're toolbags and just want attention. Can't we all just use common sense, assess situations, think of other people, and go on about our day while exercising our rights as we please?
    Bashing CC? You sir are projecting. I never said I didn't cc. I just asked to not be judged, heckled, harrassed or belittled by those progun advocates who don't like oc. Now I'm accused of showing off, puffing my chest etc.
    Hows about, I oc because it is way more comfortable, easily accessable, and I don't have to worry if my gun is showing.
    If some old bitty or even forum members don't like it fuck them.
    I don't go around telling other people engaged in legal activities what to do. I'm not that pompous.

Never been hounded except on here, carry how you like, show me where I've said one negative thing about cc? All I've ever said is that I prefer Oc, I will observe the practice of my rights as I see fit, and that some so called pro gun people are only pro gun if it's on their terms. Closet anti's or maybe just fudds but u get the point.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast