Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: OC Reasonableness...?

Coming home from a friends house last night and stopped at Sheetz. Two State Troopers and a local officer drinking coffee. I'm oc as usual. Got a nod from the Troopers. Employees were polite and friendly, other customers oblivious.
    A situation related countless times by other members here. Open carry is just carry. The reasons are many and depend on other people. It's just what I choose like carrying a pocket knife or multi tool.
    If someone ask me about carry or guns you could say I'm an "activist" or Second Amendment ambassador. If I stop at a convenience store late at night and someone shifty is hanging around it could be said it's a deterrent and so on.
    Like concealed carry it becomes routine or natural. You don't think about it. Unless going to the post office or a place like the DMV. I haven't read of many open carriers causing a scene at a place that is posted No Guns. Most respect property rights and if told the gun isn't welcome comply. They don't argue to stay. I've never heard of a "scene" being made where anyone was inconvenienced?
    Covering up to avoid sick isn't much different than dressing for the venue you are going to, nicely dressed for a nice restaurant for example. Sure you could wear daisy duke cutoffs, a sleeveless tee and flip flops but it might cause words to be exchanged or whatever.

Anyway, if I'm open carry all day and decide to pull the shirt over for some location or person I'm about to meet I don't consider that a big deal or testament to how it is perceived in general. A person might temporarily cover a piece of jewelry or tattoo for similar reasons

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Makie? You called it a Makie?
    You would fit right in with that special clan that calls a Mossberg a "Mossie", a Remington; a "Remmy".
    Their pack of undisciplined, human and animal aggressive Pit bulls? You guessed it: "Pitties"
    What if the "Mossies" and the "Mackies" didn't get along?
    Would they still be part of the same clan?

I would bet the OC was for you.

Working with a stranger on a car deal has a lot of money involved, and the OC was meant to deter you from trying anything stupid. After a positive interaction with you there was no need for OC.

That is my guess. It wasn't me, but I have done exactly the same thing in a car deal myself.

It has nothing to do with PENNDOT and standing for your rights or anything.
    Sic semper tyrannis

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789