Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Exclamation York County woman killed by stray bullet; two men facing charges

Hope it is not anyone we know! Waiting to hear the rest of the story.

York County woman killed by stray bullet; two men facing charges

http://fox43.com/2017/06/25/york-cou...acing-charges/

NORTH HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP, York County, Pa.– A York County woman was killed Saturday when she was struck by a stray bullet.

It happened around 3:45 p.m., on the 2500-block of Myers School Road in North Hopewell Township, York County.

State Police say 55-year old Nancy Folcomer, of Red Lion, was the front seat passenger in a car with her husband. They were traveling east on Myers School Road, when a 9mm bullet struck Mrs. Folcomer in the shoulder. She died from her injuries a short time later at the scene.

The State Police investigation revealed that at the time Mrs. Folcomer was shot, two people had been shooting a pistol on private property nearby. Two men, a 21-year old and a 42-year old, both of Red Lion, were arrested. They are facing Involuntary Manslaughter charges; their names have not been released at this time.

An autopsy will be performed on Tuesday to determine Mrs. Folcomer’s exact cause of death. Pennsylvania State Police is continuing to investigate.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Default Re: York County woman killed by stray bullet; two men facing charges

That's awful
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Bucks County)

that's an understatement.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Delaware County)

Condolences to the family of the deceased. It was an awful way to die because it was so needless. Fate seems to have a lot to do with death if not everything. Mostly the things that kill us are naturally caused. Accidental deaths take a toll from someone being negligent. But when gun owners do not have the common sense to understand just how dangerous the gun they are firing can be it is outrageous negligence. A simple bit of awareness and the woman would be alive today.

This story and ones like it give then anti 2A folks opportunities to paint gun owners as careless and irresponsible, which unfortunately some are.

So the two shooting at their property were tried and convicted on the spot?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Gun owners are idiots. Except me.
    It would be better if we had more info

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Gun owners are idiots. Except me.
    It would be better if we had more info
    I take these low info stories with a grain of salt. I was accused once of a shooting (not at a human),
    and was basically tried on the spot but still went home, with gun. I was a pussy back then and let the police
    accuse me and threaten to take my gun. I'm a different person today, I wont put up with it now.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    In the court of public opinion maybe. There seems to be a lot of armchair lawyers, jurors and judges, especially on here.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    In the court of public opinion maybe. There seems to be a lot of armchair lawyers, jurors and judges, especially on here.
    Objection. Hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Objection. Hearsay.
    Ill allow it, OVERRULED!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast