Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: York County woman killed by stray bullet; two men facing charges

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    So the two shooting at their property were tried and convicted on the spot?
    how does being arrested and pending charges equate to tried and convicted in your mind?

Back to basics!

Know your target , backstop , and what's beyond them.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

This is a horrible freak accident. I don't care how negligent they were being, hitting someone fatally inside a moving car is really hard, even for trained snipers who are trying to. The investigation will figure it out though and anything negligent they did will certainly be punished.

Reminds me of this horrible story from a few years ago

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/amish-ma...-days-in-jail/

>>(CBS/AP) COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio Amish man will serve 30 days in jail for firing a bullet into the air that inadvertently killed a 15-year-old girl driving a horse-drawn buggy more than a mile away, a prosecutor said Wednesday... Whole story here http://www.cbsnews.com/news/amish-ma...-days-in-jail/

Basically some guy cleared his muzzle loader and the bullet came down and hit an amish girl on the head who was driving a buggy a mile away, and the horses just kept riding home. Her parents found her dead from a bullet wound, and followed the blood drops back to where she was hit, and somehow the investigators figured out where the bullet came from and it was a guy a mile away who had fired a single shot up into the air.

Absolutely horrible
    Sic semper tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    how does being arrested and pending charges equate to tried and convicted in your mind?
    Arrested for what?

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Arrested for what?
    for holding the "smoking gun" after someone was shot. its entirely possible the charges could be dropped, and probably reduced to reckless endangerment.

immediate charges makes sure the person doesnt disappear while they investigate further.
    Last edited by USMC3531; June 26th, 2017 at 01:18 PM.

Truly a sad story and someone was negligent and caused her death.

How did they get the ballistics back so soon to make an arrest? Witch one pulled the trigger on the fatal shot? It also sounds to me like they were tried and convicted on the spot. My second question will stump a jury and either wind with a hung jury or not guilty!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    for holding the "smoking gun" after someone was shot. its entirely possible the charges could be dropped, and probably reduced to reckless endangerment.

immediate charges makes sure the person doesnt disappear while they investigate further.
    That is what reasonable bail is for and no other reason....
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lancaster County)

They should have just claimed they were cleaning it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Truly a sad story and someone was negligent and caused her death.

How did they get the ballistics back so soon to make an arrest? Witch one pulled the trigger on the fatal shot? It also sounds to me like they were tried and convicted on the spot. My second question will stump a jury and either wind with a hung jury or not guilty!
    If they were sharing ammo or even each others' firearms (I do when shooting with wife, I'm sure friends do this at times too), how can either be proven to be the one that fired the fatal shot? They can't.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    That is what reasonable bail is for and no other reason....
    you have to be arrested and charged before you post bail..... they initially charge with the highest possible charge, i es told its simple to reduce charges but extremely difficult to increase them. for all we know they could have had a "target" like this http://crooksandliars.com/2015/02/fl...uilds-homemade6599524_g.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast