Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking for some feedback

I have a 16" AR "doing nothing" at the moment and I was looking to add a red dot and mount a light. I am debating a Trijicon MRO. If you have one and like it, love it, hate it or can't believe I would even consider one I would like to know. I have run a few and like the overall sight picture, so that isn't my concern. I am more interested in durability, loss of zero, fogging, accuracy of adjustments etc.... Is the optional "rubber jacket" necessary? How about the anti reflection device? While I never mind looking really tacticool, I don't like to use things things that aren't really necessary. Light considered is a Streamlight Protac rail mount 2. Finishing off the project with a Geissele SD-E trigger.
    Jules
    Last edited by ar15jules; June 25th, 2017 at 10:00 AM. Reason: removed broken links

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Looking for some feedback

Love mine. Never had a issue. I don't have the rubber, but I am thinking about getting just to go to a different color to match rifle. I do not have the anti reflection device, I don't think my paper/steel targets can see the reflection.
    Here is the best price right now for a MRO with a mount.

https://www.americandefensemanufactu.../product/1066/

Quote Originally Posted by chessiedog1 View Post
    Love mine. Never had a issue. I don't have the rubber, but I am thinking about getting just to go to a different color to match rifle. I do not have the anti reflection device, I don't think my paper/steel targets can see the reflection.
    Here is the best price right now for a MRO with a mount.

https://www.americandefensemanufactu.../product/1066/
    Thank you!

(Lackawanna County)

Love it. No cover on mine. No killflash etc,. Probably my favorite dot right now.

(Chester County)

I've got one. I absolutely love it. The FOV is second to none in the micro RDS game. I got mine for a killer price from Schuyler Arms Co. Like $289 w/o mount. Threw it on a Geissele MRO mount and its perfect. I wouldn't trade it for a T-1. With that being said...

A couple caveats: It's not a true 1x. It's closer to 1.1x. Not a huge difference and I can easily shoot both eyes open. However, I know that does bother some. Additionally, with natural light behind me while I'm indoors, I get a red glare on the glass. Not a big deal, but something you should know. Finally, the glass has a slight grey-blue tint to it.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

Mounted the MRO and after sight in have fired about 200 rounds. Very happy so far. Since I am using an absolute co-witness, I was able to adjust the red dot to a lollipop position on my front sight post. My first three shots fired after mounting were touching and IN the bull. I am trying the 36 yard zero with this rifle. I am happy with the close distance hits considering the offset due to the co-witness mount. Also pleased out to 100 yards. Hoping to get to a 200 yard range soon.

Threw the Geissele SD-E in this rifle last night. I really am enjoying this rifle now. I guess and MRO and Geissele trigger would even polish up a turd.