Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: Budget glass best under $100

There's nothing wrong with the bushnell banner. The dawn to dusk has excellent light collection in dim light, and I believe a lifetime warranty. If you search hard you might find a step up in the bushnell line to the Trophy XLT for around $100 too.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

Well when I was looking before I could only find ~$500 brand name scopes for what I wanted but maybe you guys know something closer to my current budget that has everything I want.

- Magnification around 4-16 or 6-20 or there abouts (mid 0-10 range low and mid teens to 20's/30s high)
    - 40-50mm lens
    - Mil-Dot/ BDC/ Mil-Plex/ or easy shot reticle
    - Adjustable Parallax
    - 1/4 MOA or better (1/8, .1, etc) windage/elevation adjustments
    - Resettable turrets
    - Visible locking turrets (don't want to have to unscrew caps to adjust then screw them back on)
    - Eye Relief - 3-4 inches
    - Holds Zero after firing/falling/etc
    - Can be used in low light (most times i've see deer hunting has been just at or before sunrise or just after sunset)
    - Illuminated reticle desired but not 100% required.

I don't shoot comp and probably 90+% of the time I will be shooting 100 yards or less. Not too many 500 or 1000 yard ranges around me and even then it would be just for fun with friends.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Last edited by jlb0305; June 30th, 2017 at 07:59 AM. Reason: added lens size

(Chester County)

I've upped my budget to around $150. At that price looks like best available is going to be bushnell, Nikon, or vortex. Looking to get either a 4-16, 4-12, 3-12, or 6-18 ( or around that) not 3-9 or less or fixed. Which one is best around that price? Some bushnells and some vortex have parallax adjust at that price but does the nikons need it? Looking to get it local so i can handle it and easily return if needed (ship to store, or walmart cabelas, etc).

(Somerset County)

Primary Arms always geats great feedback on the value they provide for their glass. Here is a 4-16-44 at the upper end of your price range http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...ly-2016-pa416x . It offers the parallax adjust and even has illumination for low light. They have awesome customer service as well and this will prob be a little better glass quality than comparable nikon or vortex crossfire models. The Vortex Diamondback 4-12 can be had around that price as well with some shopping and is prob a little better

The Vortex scope is the way to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12