Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCX or Saint

(Chester County)

Default MCX or Saint

I'm looking for advice on whether to buy a Sig Sauer MCX or the Springfield Armory Saint (new free float version). Anybody who has experience with these I would appreciate your opinions.

Default Re: MCX or Saint

Love my MCX. Ensure you get one of the updated version if you go for it.

I have no experience with saint.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Columbia County)

Springfield armory sold out the 2nd amendment in the state of Illinois. Because of that I wouldn't buy any of their products.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...for-carve-out/

(Wyoming County)

x2 ^ Not going to tell anyone else where to spend their money, but I agree with Eagleclaw. Just sharing the sentiment
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Chester County)

Wow just read the article on TTAG. I'm ashamed I even own one let alone was considering buying the Saint. I'm selling my XD and definitely going with the MCX. Thanks for opening my eyes. Profits before the 2A. They are dead to me.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RichOB View Post
    Wow just read the article on TTAG. I'm ashamed I even own one let alone was considering buying the Saint. I'm selling my XD and definitely going with the MCX. Thanks for opening my eyes. Profits before the 2A. They are dead to me.
    Listen to both sides of the story before you make a decision based on one magazine article.

The NRA-ILA has also weighed in and has teamed up with SA to defeat the bill in Illinois.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...cal-gun-dealer

Last edited by JenniferG; June 23rd, 2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Listen to both sides of the story before you make a decision based on one magazine article.

The NRA-ILA has also weighed in and has teamed up with SA to defeat the bill in Illinois.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...cal-gun-dealer

This video does make me feel better about Springfield. They screwed up, realize it, and took care of the problem.

I don't know anyone who never made a mistake. I know many who double down and continue making excuses and more mistakes, Springfield is not doing this.

I know many who have made mistakes, and used that mistake to make themselves stronger and become better people and will never make the same mistake twice...... this video tells me that Springfield is taking this route.

Springfield has a strong history being pro 2nd. They messed up here. The firearms community can try to destroy them (which I have seen some try to do on other sites) which in my opinion would hurt us in the long run. Or we can move on and let them continue helping the 2nd as they have done 99.9 percent of the time in the past and probably will 100 percent of the time from here on out.

I am willing to give them a second chance and will continue to buy Springfield products.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    This video does make me feel better about Springfield. They screwed up, realize it, and took care of the problem.

I don't know anyone who never made a mistake. I know many who double down and continue making excuses and more mistakes, Springfield is not doing this.

I know many who have made mistakes, and used that mistake to make themselves stronger and become better people and will never make the same mistake twice...... this video tells me that Springfield is taking this route.

Springfield has a strong history being pro 2nd. They messed up here. The firearms community can try to destroy them (which I have seen some try to do on other sites) which in my opinion would hurt us in the long run. Or we can move on and let them continue helping the 2nd as they have done 99.9 percent of the time in the past and probably will 100 percent of the time from here on out.

I am willing to give them a second chance and will continue to buy Springfield products.
    Yep. After the latest poofa group shoot, I'm considering an M1A.

OP, selling your XD in no way hurts them, they have your money. I think you should reconsider.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Wyoming County)

What I got from that video is- we fucked up and got caught, were sorry, please forgive us, now go to the NRA-ILA and give them more money to fight the guys that we gave money to.

ETA: Not like there's no stink attached to Dennis Reese CEO Springfield Armory

link:http://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/03/...5406606027600/
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; June 23rd, 2017 at 03:42 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Columbia County)

I found the video to be very uninformative and mostly a sob story. I don’t believe that the CEO of Springfield Arms, who does most of the talking on the video, knew nothing of his lobbying group’s action that cause the legislation to move and pass in the Il State Senate.

Someone else comes on the video and tries to vouch for the CEO’s support for the 2nd amendment because he (the CEO) won the NRI ILA “Golden Jacket” award. I never even heard of that award and it sounds about as prestigious as the Dork of The Month award.

The CEO claims that he fired the person responsible for the decision that caused this mess. It’s a little late now the damage has been done. I also question whether that person was really fired or just given an unofficial transfer to another position.

I don’t know what Springfield Arms or as the CEO alleges their lobby firm’s intentions were, but they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar selling out at the expensive of private gun ownership.
    If one looks at the comment section of the video in YouTube, it doesn’t look as if a lot of people are buying their explanation either.

In a final though, in the video, the CEO Dennis Reese's demeanor looks like the demeanor of all those liberal celebrities that supported Hillary the day after the election.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; June 24th, 2017 at 12:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast