Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Question Ryan Costello - H.R. 38

Anyone ever get ANY response from this turd at all when you've written about cosponsoring H.R. 38, or any other pro gun measure? I feel like he's built from the same slime that they used to grow Toomey.

Default Re: Ryan Costello - H.R. 38

Yes. He is pro-gun. I wrote him concerning the sportsman's package bill (with the hearing protection act in it) but elected not to receive a response. He usually responds to me in a timely manner.

Write your Congressmen about pushing a vote for HR38 - the Constututional Carry bill. It has over 200 co-sponsors and it's within reach, likely more than it ever will be after the DC shooting last week. We have never and may never again get this good of a shot at passing it...we need to be pushing our reps HARD!

Time for Congress to Stop Messing Around and Pass the Bill!

Great news!

The concealed carry reciprocity bill (H.R. 38) has just reached 200 backers in Congress.
    With 199 cosponsors, plus chief sponsor Richard Hudson (R-NC), support for the bill has reached an almost unprecedented level of support.
    GOA will continue working to get more cosponsors. And we will continue to encourage current sponsors of the bill to lobby their fellow Representatives to join them in cosponsoring H.R. 38.

It is almost certain to us that we -- today -- have the 218 votes (out of 435) we need in order to pass H.R. 38 in the House.

In the Senate, we believe we're close to the 60 votes we need to break a filibuster.
    Bottom line: There is no reason that we should wait to move this legislation through the House.

If H.R. 38 doesn't move until then, it will be clear to us that Paul Ryan has no serious interest in passing this legislation.
    We want the bill to move quickly ... sooner than later.

In GOA's Legislative Action Center, there are two email responses:
    * For those who have already cosponsored H.R. 38, the letter thanks them and urges them to speak to their fellow congressmen about the bill -- urging them to cosponsor the bill as well.
    * For those who have NOT cosponsored H.R. 38, the letter reminds them the bill is a huge priority for the gun rights community, which often puts the Second Amendment first at election time.

When you take action here, the GOA action center will automatically select the correct letter.

So please urge your congressman, Rep. Scott Perry (R), to join others in doing their part to get an immediate vote on H.R. 38 -- without any anti-gun amendments.

Thank you.
    In Liberty,
    Erich Pratt
    Executive Director - GOA

Link to letter:

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...eJs0i0dm8&lp=0
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Never letting a tragedy/crisis going to waste is right out of the liberal/dem playbook. Ironic, isn't it?

I'm not viewing it that way. There are FINALLY a lot of Congressmen, even Democrats who see the need to protect themselves. However, there's no way in hell we are going to let them get away with passing it for themselves and not the rest of us.

This bill would give us exactly what we've been dreaming of...national reciprocity. They are in a mindset right now where they may support it more than ever, give the Dems long enough and they'll resort back to their natural "anti-gun no matter what" tendencies.

Let's git 'er done.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Indiana County)

Response back from Congressman Bill Shuster:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for national Right-to-Carry (RTC) reciprocity legislation. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue, and enjoy the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, I am a cosponsor of H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. This legislation would amend the criminal code to establish a national standard to allow individuals to carry certain concealed firearms. Specifically, this bill would authorize a person who has a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm in one State and, when not prohibited from carrying a firearm under Federal law, to carry a concealed firearm in another State in accordance with the restrictions of that State. This measure has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee, on which I do not serve. Please be assured that I will keep your support in mind if this legislation comes before me in the House of Representatives.

From the time I entered Congress in 2001, I have stood firm in my belief that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees every law abiding citizen the right to own and use firearms. The Founding Fathers believed that this right is essential, and forever protected it with the Second Amendment. As a defender of the Constitution, and a proud member of the National Rifle Association (NRA), please know that I will continue to seek ways to make our schools, homes, and communities safer while simultaneously upholding the ideals of our Constitution and Second Amendment Rights. I believe it is important to continue to enforce current laws, making sure that law abiding citizens maintain the right to own guns, while taking the necessary precautions to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Your thoughts and comments are always welcome.

Sincerely,

BILL SHUSTER
    Member of Congress
    Big difference from any response we'd get from our U.S. Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Never letting a tragedy/crisis going to waste is right out of the liberal/dem playbook. Ironic, isn't it?
    is what it is. and if it works, will you complain?
    immediately after the tragedy, there were calls from the republicans that were on scene. the one said he normally has an armed staffer whom was within 20yrd of the shooter, staffer was disarmed thanks to the wonderful state of virginia.
    then someone went and wrote up a special bill to make those whom are more important and better paid than us poor plebes down here. special exemption from carry regulations.

so yes. use it and try to twist any rep you can, send faxes, call, email, bother on twitter. get them to co-sponsor and more importantly, get it to a damned vote.
    i'm sure plenty of other bills have managed to get to vote without nearly as many co-sponsors, but those would be important bills, ones that give corporations handouts or put more money in rep pockets.

one might almost say this was set up to provide this chance. no one died, it was a liberal with legally owned weapons who passed background checks, taking them into a no carry area. republicans whom immediately cried for less restriction. you might almost say it was god's work.
    lets just hope scalise doesn't have to poop in a bag from now on.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Northumberland County)

It will pass think postive.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

Quote Originally Posted by CoalcrackerAl View Post
    It will pass think postive.
    only if we(our side) stop sitting on our collective a## and work towards getting it passed.
    write a letter, send an email, send a fax or make a phone call. if anyone needs contact numbers, ask.
    im going to spend the weekend trying to dig up direct emails. as i've emailed reps through contact forms, NRA, faxed, petitioned but have not called yet.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Northumberland County)

Yes agreed we all need to express our support.
    Last edited by CoalcrackerAl; June 24th, 2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast